CHAPTER VIII

It was just 5 in the morning when Macy groggily tried to scan her surroundings, why was she up so early, the alarm hadn't even gone off yet. She succumbed to waking up anyway, she dint want to be late for her first day at work.

She took a quick shower and set her work clothes on bed for later. Josh was up already too, she could hear him fidget in the kitchen.

''Some ones up early today'', he was perched on a bar stool sipping on some coffee.

''Don't want my boss spewing venom on me the first day'', Macy replied, she very well knew what William was capable of.

''I will drop you to work'', Josh informed between bites of croissant.

''Like you have an option'', Macy smirked since there was no escaping for Josh.

Macy quickly put on her pale pink pencil skirt and a matching coat and maroon blouse with a peter pan collar. She completed her look with a ponytail and some mascara.

Josh was already waiting by the door, as she slipped on her pumps and the two left for the basement to fetch his car.

''So, how's work and college going'', Macy tried a conversation in the car but Josh was too sleepy for early morning conversations.

''Hmm''

''You are sleepy''

''Hmm''

''You don't talk too much right''

''Hmm'' and then Josh narrowed his eyes at her and they both ended up laughing.

''Have a nice day sweetie'', Josh waved her from his car window and she rewarded him with a flying kiss. The building was already busy, buzzing with people in crisp suits and cell phones, glancing at their watch.

''Hi Jason'', Macy winked at him as she pushed the doors open to William's cabin.

''Good morning Macy'', Jason smiled shyly.

''No, no I already have this cleared out. Yes, what the hell does he think of himself. Yes, fine. He better watch himself'', William barked on the phone. Has he ever been in a good mood, Macy thought to herself as she quietly took her seat and started on her reports.

''Henderson what the hell are you doing'', William was now glaring at her.

''I was just working on the report on Detroit Industries'', Macy replied petulantly, taken aback by his harsher than normal tone.

''What, that should not be on the top of your priority list right now and where is my black coffee'', William screamed obviously worked up from the earlier conversation.

''Your coffee machine is dysfunctional as of now so I've rung up the clerk to get it fixed and while that's happening I've ordered a coffee form our café, it will be here in a minute. Mr. Clark you look cross right now. Can we talk a little later, maybe when you are more approachable'', Macy warned William to back off.

''Well, your smart mouth is not what I pay you for'', William bit back.

''That's nice to know because I was nearly convinced that you paid me for handling your temper tantrums'', Macy smiled sarcastically.

''Ms. Henderson get back to work'', William replied dryly.

''Well thank you, that saved a lot of our time'', Macy rolled her eyes at him and got back to skimming through a report. It was half past 11 when Macy pushed her chair back and grabbed her I pad to inform William his days appointments.

''Are all the documents ready for the meeting'', his eyes were fixed on a file as he asked.

''Yes, Mr. Clark, I have set the conference room up with the projector and the photocopied files are on your table to distribute to the clients'', she replied as she gathered all the papers and files and a notepad for the meeting. William was impressed with how efficient she was and he wondered why she would settle for a job as meagre as this considering her qualifications. He would ask her that later.

They left for the meeting and as William started paying attention to the company heads, Macy started jotting down notes. By the end of the meeting Macy had filled an entire notepad with information.

''Fine, the meeting is dismissed'', was Macy's cue to stand up and move out of the conference hall.

''Henderson, I want the consolidated notes in an hour while I finish working on an important document and then I want you assisting me in sorting out some files for a meeting tomorrow'', William ordered. Macy began working upon her notes and it was 9 by the time they both had finished.

''Mr. Clark are we starting with the files for tomorrow'', she asked sneaking a glance at him.

''Yes, you can come here with your chair'', he motioned her towards him.

The evening sky and dim lighting of his office helped her appreciate his face slightly more. He was a beautiful man, it should be illegal to look that perfect, she thought. They sorted out files and worked in coordination as if they knew each other from a long time and were very comfortable in each other's company both of which was not true. It was almost 11 when they had finished for the day and it was raining outside.

''If that's all I will take your leave Mr. Clark'', she sighed.

''Yes, it's too late, don't switch of the lights off I will be here'', he looked up at her.

He peeked outside the window and noticed that it was raining heavily, so for a moment he contemplated but decided to ask anyways, ''How are you going back home''.

It was too rainy to take a cab so she had called Josh and he was on his way.

''Um'', and Macy flushed uncomfortably.

''Ah, the boyfriend it is'', William had his jaw clenched and his hands in a fist.

''That's just so presumptuous of you'', Macy pouted as she grabbed her clutch and coat leaving William to gape at her in surprise.

''Don't want my P.A. to get sick, I would be at a risk of flu'', William muttered in irritation.

Macy looked crossly at William, ''You know it doesn't hurt to be nice sometimes'', and with that she left the office. Whenever had he allowed some one to behave this way, never.

Josh and Macy entered the apartment drenched with only one umbrella to share. Macy darted towards her room and changed into her cozy robe in the fear of not wanting to catch a cold. William wouldn't be too happy about it as that arrogant bastard was so clear stating. If anything, she wanted to desperately teach him some politeness.

 If anything, she wanted to desperately teach him some politeness