CHAPTER XVI

While they were busy exploring the streets of the town there was a ping on her phone that grabbed her attention and it was a message from William.

Sorry to intrude your family time but it is a little important. Could you please mail me the notes and paperwork you had consolidated for the meeting with Sapphire Plane Agency.

Thank you

William Clark

Clark enterprises

Those documents were very important and Macy did not want to let William down so she excused herself.

''I need to get home, I need to mail some documents to my boss for a meeting'', Macy explained.

''Oh ok, we will be back shortly'', her father and sister replied.

Macy quickly walked her way back to the farmhouse and switched on her laptop to send the documents when Branton barged in unannounced.

''Well, hello, I wasn't quite expecting you here but then you are finally where I want you to be. You have been avoiding me form so long and I do not appreciate that'', Branton walked towards Macy clearly expressing his intentions.

''Your appreciation can kiss my ass because trust me if it weren't for Christina I would have choked you with my bare hands so I suggest  you to stay away from me'', Macy growled as she tried to push Branton away with her hands when he tried getting too close.

''This isn't you talking, it's the confidence of having that boss of yours wrapped around your little finger, you're such a whore'', he pushed Macy right onto her bed and hovered over her.

''I have wanted you so much'', he pressed Macy into the mattress.

''You bastard, please help, someone help'', Macy screamed as tears shrouded her vision.

''There is no one to help Macy and that voice of yours is just turning me on. You've been teasing me all day with that little dress of yours'', Branton growled. Macy yelled and struggled as he tried to force himself on her when Adam barged into the room. His body shaking with shock and disgust.

''What the fuck are you doing, get off her'', he pulled Branton off.

''How dare you put your filthy paws on her you son of a bitch'', Adam spat at Branton and pulled Macy by his side.

''Look, you are getting it wrong Adam'', Branton tried to take the lead.

''You fucker, I will show you what's wrong'', Adam dragged Branton down to the hall and froze when he saw Christina and his dad.

''Dad I saw him molest Macy'', he barked and his dad shuddered. Macy walked down and hugged her dad fiercely.

''Did he touch you'', his dad asked coldly.

''No'', Macy sobbed. Adam dragged Branton by his hair and retrieved his phone to call the cops.

''Please don't so this Adam he is my husband'', Christina sobbed and forced Adam's hand off Branton.

''Not anymore'', he screamed.

''Adam stop'', Carrick warned. Macy was shocked at his reaction while she saw Branton smirking from beside Adam.

''But dad after what he did to me'', Macy whispered.

''I saw it with my own fucking eyes dad, why are you being such a pussy'', Adam bit back.

His father turned to Branton and resumed, ''This is the first and last time Branton because the next time I'll pluck your eyes out. You behave and take care of my daughter''.

''Yes, daddy'', Branton hugged him and he returned the hug half-heartedly.

''Everyone to sleep'', Carrick announced. Adam stormed to his room and Christina left quietly with Branton. Just as Macy  was about to leave, Carrick called out, ''Macy dear''.

''Please dad don't. I can't believe what you just did, you chose him over me'', Macy growled.

''Please understand love, Adam has a job, I have you all and you are settled in Seattle. What does Christina have, except Branton'', Carrick murmured trying to justify himself, his head hanging low. Christina was a drop out in her 12th grade when she fell for Branton and they both got married. Branton continued with his studies but kept Christina home and she agreed too willingly. It was true when Carrick said she had nothing. She was nothing without Branton.

''Well that's wonderful then. We all pay for Christina being a whore and a lazy bitch for dropping out education and falling for a prick'', Macy uttered bitterly and barged into her room leaving her dad ashamed.

Macy couldn't stop crying. She wanted to vent it out in front of someone willing to listen to her. Her dad had lost the chance and she did not want to burden Adam. She picked up her phone to call Josh but her call went into his voice mail. He would be busy with the food festival. She skimmed through her contacts and stopped at William.

''Mr. Clark'', Macy kept her voice sturdy, she did not want to breakdown. God knows what William would do and he would definitely worry. Stretching across her bed, letting the moon light dance on her toes she held her cell closer to her ears, his breath washing over her like waves across a shore.

''Macy why are you still awake'', he asked softly.

''I want to come back'', she tried holding her tears back, she wasn't weak and this wasn't her fault.

''The fuck, are you alright, what's wrong please tell me baby'', William urged.

''Nothing I just want to come back home'', how could she taint her family, break the trust of her dad, if he knew he would never forgive her.

''Macy something is wrong, tell me or I am coming there right now'', he switched on his bed side light.

''It's really nothing I promise. I was just missing Seattle, please don't worry'', she sighed.

''You're a terrible liar Macy, look whatever it is you are coming back to Seattle tomorrow. I am sending you the jet so just be there on time'', William ordered.

''You don't have to do this Mr. Clark'', Macy scrambled on her bed, her body stiffer now.

There was a pause before William resumed, ''I know what I am doing, I want you back'', he paused as if debating his next words, ''Please don't call me Clark, Macy'', he sighed.

''Goodnight William'', she felt a peace knowing he was there for her.

''Goodnight Macy, whatever it is I want you here tomorrow'', William breathed and Macy immediately fell into a deep sleep.