CHAPTER XIV

It was around six when she landed at the airport. The warm moisture in the air was palpable now as she let the cool of the cab hit her body and calm her senses down. The drive to her family home was not too long. She excitedly let her fingers wander over the glass as she relaxed at the sight of the sand laden terrain and smaller shrubs edging her closer to home. Her father and brother waiting by the veranda of their home was a sight for sore eyes. She quickly plopped a few notes to the driver and dashed out of the car to fall into their embrace.

''Macy it's so good to finally have you home'', her brother looked at her with a tear escaping his eyes.

To her surprise she found her sister and husband too. She disliked Branton, her sister's husband as he always had his eyes on her and even at this very moment she felt the discomfort seeping in when he hugged her.

''So good to see you Macy'', Branton whispered in her ear making cringe in disgust. Macy nodded not wanting to pay much heed to his comment.

''Let the father spoil his angel'', Macy's father cut into the moment taking her to the swing by the stables. She couldn't control her outburst anymore.

''Why the hell is he here daddy'', Macy hissed.

''We cannot stop him Macy. He has my daughter'', from the looks of it he was tired, not wanting to turn this into a full-blown argument she let it go.

Lunch was served and the table was laid out with grilled pork, shallow fried bacon strips, pasta in pink sauce with pieces of sliced and grilled chicken and to accompany all this was freshly baked pepper and herb bread. Macy loved what had been cooked for her and quickly dug into the food.

''This is so good'', Macy appreciated between bites.

''So, how's work Macy'', Adam asked with a little concern knowing she was fired just a while ago and since she had been so busy, her new job experience was still a mystery to her family. Christina, her sister jumped up and down on her seat, excited.

''Oh, it's great. Mr. Clark is really good'', Macy flushed at the thought of William, the kiss they'd shared and their lowly banter.

''I hope with work'', Adam chugged his wine and she could sense Brantons jaw harden. Macy giggled ignoring Brantons reaction. Adam and Christina burst out laughing as they sensed Macy blush.

Her dad was curious about Josh and as she updated them on his busy life trying to balance his internship and college and they were all ears and awes. Her family had always been too fond of Josh, the two families had met a couple of times during Christmas and had immediately warmed up to each other. She was wondering how Josh would agree to come by too if he hadn't been so busy.

''What does your boss do'', Branton asked icily.

''Well, he has his fingers dipped in all sorts of businesses'', Macy replied giving nothing away.

''That's not very forthcoming'', Branton urged her not letting it go.

''He owns the Clark enterprises with around 82 companies under his nose Branton'', Macy snapped hoping this detail would help him mind his business.

''I've heard of him, he seems intelligent eh, handling an empire at such a young age'', her father interrupted sensing the discomfort.

''What can I say, he's just perfect'', she smiled. She had promised herself not to think of him while she's here but looks like her family wasn't going to let that happen. They were already curious to more about him and she let out some details leaving the part where they kissed and how he would make her panties wet with just his eyes.

The tables were cleared and Macy and Christina bought in dessert. It was an apple pie with vanilla ice cream and cinnamon sauce. Macy grinned as she put spoon full of dessert into her mouth.