CHAPTER XVIII

He showed her the living area which had a gigantic black piano, painting's similar to his office, a maroon carpet with intricate gold detailing and two crystal chandeliers suspended from the tall ceiling. The dining hall had an open kitchen lined by a maroon pantry, a bar made of heavy duty wood, a leather dining table and chairs and bar stools complimented by dim yellow lights highlighting the view. There were six rooms in total.

Macy had a quick glance at the two guest bedrooms painted in pastel colors and simple furniture, a quarter for the staff, a library with book shelves stretching from the ground to the ceiling, the center of which had a pool table. His study was similar to his office setting but his master bedroom screamed masculinity in all aspects. From dark maroon walls to crisp white furniture and a medieval time painting with some naked men and women on them perched above his bed.

''You like'', William shrugged as he waved around his room, Macy quickly nodded trying to take in the master piece that was his home.

''Come'', William urged as he led Macy to the hall.

''Would you like a glass of wine'', he offered and Macy willingly accepted. William emerged with two glasses of red wine and it was divine leaving warm tingles down Macy's throat.

''Tell me'', William's eyes suddenly turned all business like. Macy scrunched her eyebrows not deciphering what he meant.

''You know what Macy'', William sighed.

''William, the weather was hot and I was missing Seattle and work'', Macy lied, involuntarily biting her lips. 

''Jesus Christ, why are you always a challenge. Stop beating around the bush and lying because you are bad at it, just look at you. You don't look yourself Macy. I want you back. So, god help me, if you don't open up, I might as well call your family and ask them myself. Did someone try something with you'', William pinched his nose trying to control his temper. The memories of Brantons rough hands forcing her down on bed resurfaced unwillingly.

''Fuck Macy'', William's face fell.

''William, he just tried'', Macy was more worried of how William would react than for what actually happened.

''Fucking hell and you are telling me this now, you should have said something when you called me yesterday'', William lost his cool, his hands in a fist and his muscles tensed beneath his suit coat.

''Please don't be angry William'', Macy mumbled.

''Fuck, I am so angry at you Macy, at myself for letting you go I want to know who the fuck did this to you'', William barked.

Macy started to get into details and realized William holding his anger back as she told him what happened with Branton. When she finished, she noticed William like she had never before. His eyes were dark and brooding with unspoken anger.

''What's his full name and what does he do'', William asked coldly.

''What, please don't do something stupid'', Macy whispered as if trying to tame a wild animal.

''Oh, don't you dare tell me what is stupid. That son of a bitch touched you, he touched what's mine'', he screamed not realizing what he just said.

''Mine'', Macy mockingly raised her eyebrows to lighten the atmosphere and William momentarily let his guard down but then returned to his original self expectantly looking at Macy for an answer.

''Branton Hutcherson, he works for Alabama travel's and tourism.'', she gave in. He immediately dialed a number on his cell phone.

''Welch, Clark. Branton Hutcherson, Alabama Travel's and Tourism. I want all his details right now, I will hold. Yes, good. What, I thought so'', William switched off his phone leaning across his kitchen counter calculating his next move.

''What'', Macy asked curiously.

''Well, you weren't his first. He has a filthy record with women throughout so I am not surprised'', he smirked out of disgust until he dialed another number.

''Hello, this is William Clark speaking, am I talking to Mr. Henry James from Alabama travel and tourism. Good. Branton Hutcherson, senior staff, yellow chit, rip him off his job, you have a reason good enough to. Good'' He dialed another number.

''Welch, rip his assets, his sports car and flat, yes, to the highest bidders. I want him thoroughly screwed. Get him to see the auction if possible, yes first thing in the morning. Transfer the money that you get to his wife's account. I have talked to Henry too, just check if the work is done or liquidate the company first thing in the morning. Good'', and with this William took a deep breath. Macy looked at him dumbstruck but he looked sickeningly pleased with himself.

''What the hell did you do'', she barked at William not knowing what more to do.

''Nothing unnecessary'', he growled back.

''What, are you insane'', she took a step back, not wanting to run away to the hills after his bizarre reaction.

''Nothing much, just that you shouldn't play with what's mine because I take care of it'', his voice was cold and his eyes twinkled dangerously

''You scare the shit out of me William, you can't just fuck up everyone who points a finger at me, it's totally irrational'', she whispered.

The two of them scowled at each other, each trying to suppress their anger for the sake of the other. Suddenly the atmosphere between them changed, charging with an electric, exhilarating anticipation. Their breathing altered as their hearts raced. His head turned fractionally towards her, his eyes dark as slate. He lunged at her. Before she knew it, he got both of her hands in one of his in a vice-like grip above her head. His other hand grabbed her wavy locks, bringing her face up, and he crashed his lips on hers. She moaned into his mouth, giving his tongue an opening. He took full advantage, his tongue expertly exploring her mouth. He nipped at her lower lip causing it to bleed. William finally shrugged and settled upon a softer tone as they both struggled for air.

''What the'', was all she could manage to say.

''It's the only right thing to do. Do you really think your sister deserves to be with someone like Branton. It's not only you he has molested before, I told you he has a fucked-up record. Your sister will have enough for the rest of her life. Besides, nobody will doubt us because I have told Welch to put it on air locally'', he smirked.

''Oh'', and just as she tried to register the information and their sudden tryst there was a call from Christina.

''Macy did you just hear that about Branton. He was an arse. It's all over the news. He was a molester, he did not love me Macy'', Christina sobbed. Macy rolled her eyes at how naïve her sister could be.

''Forget it now. Branton was a bad dream. Start anew Christina'', Macy comforted her sister not revealing what had actually happened.

''Goodbye Chris take care'', Macy hung up.

''Dinner'', William was already looking anxiously at her, trying to steady his breath.

''I've ordered Chinese takeout. Not sure what you liked'', William shrugged apologetically.

''I love Chinese'', Macy beamed at William as he laid out plates and cutlery at the dining table and pulled out a chair for Macy beside him.

''Oh, shit I forgot to call Josh'', Macy mumbled and noticed William's jaw harden.

''He can wait'', William warned curtly.