CHAPTER XXX

There was someone at the door when William hung up on Welch.

''Dad, you are here, is everything fine'', William assured Jonathan in. He was surprised at having his father home. This was the very first time he had had the opportunity to have his father at his penthouse. His father had decided upon letting William have his way after what his brother did. It was scarring enough but now things had changed, he wanted his son back.

''William'', Jonathan choked as he pulled William into a hug.

''Dad what's wrong'', William sighed, he had never seen his dad so vulnerable.

''Well you tell me that, I came to know about Jake and what he did with you and Macy, that arse'', Jonathan barked.

''I am glad you two are safe, tomorrow is the final judgement and we know what it will be. Son I am here to inform you one more thing'', Jonathan sighed not being able to understand how to out it for William.

''What is it dad'', William shot a glance at his father.

''I am giving your mother a divorce, we are ending the relationship son'', Jonathan hung his head low.

''Dad'', William pulled his father into a hug, they both knew how difficult it would have been for his father. The two of them were childhood sweethearts, but circumstances had turned them cold and indifferent to each other.

''Thank you for understanding me Willy, I should leave now. You two look beat'', Jonathan sighed and moved towards Macy.

''I am sorry Macy, on behalf of our son'', Jonathan apologized.

''Mr. Clark please don't be, we are fine and where are you going now'', Macy asked concerned.

''Can't call it home Macy, but that's where I am going'', Jonathan looked away, his sorrow palpable from his stance.

''Stay with us dad, at least for today, please'', William urged and tears welled up in Jonathan's eyes.

''I would love that'', Jonathan sighed.

''Jesus Macy are you alright and William'', there was a call from Josh.

''Yes, what would happen to us'', Macy lied.

''You guys are all over the news'', Josh scoffed.

''We are fine Josh, I am with William and his father right now, please don't worry'', Macy mumbled.

''Oh thank god, take care Macy, will catch up with you later'', Josh hung up.

The rest of the day was unusually quiet as everyone was brooding of what tomorrow would bring. It was by 10 when Jonathan retired to his room and William and Macy left to sleep.

''Taking into consideration the events from the past few days, the proof's held against Mr. Clark, the statements of the witnesses and the inability of the defense to put forward valid arguments I declare Jake Clark guilty of Lily Peterson's murder and sentence Jake Clark to life imprisonment'', the Judge concluded and everyone stood up in semblance as he left.

''Don't forget to ask your mother what happened that day big brother'', Jake whispered to William as he was being taken away. For a moment William dint realize what he meant, but by the looks of it he was sure there was more and that the ordeal for the Clark family hadn't ended yet.

''Mom!'', William called out Emily.

''You are an ass hole William don't you dare call me your mother'', Emily spat.

''Well what was Jake talking about, I want to know'', William growled.

''I said leave'', Emily barked.