Arguments In The Hospital.

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howdy, folks! :D

I am back!

Yay!!!!

Well, I loved the last chapter. I thought it was hilarious. :)

I hope you all love this chapter as much as the last one.

And to tiffluvxoxo, I'm sorry, I got to update sooner...But, that's a good thing, right? :)

Thanks for all the votes and comments!

Keep voting!

Keep commenting!

Thanks.

-Shelby :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Eight~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

"Everyone! I'm not dating, Zack! He's just...Just a, um friend..."

"What? Why not?" Mom asks, looking Zack up and down. "He's too cute for you not to date him."

Zack, looks like he wants to smirk, but looks uncomfortable at the same time. "Than-"

"You don't need a boyfriend, Sophie. Especially not him. He looks like a punk." Dad gives me unaproving eyes then looks at Zack, and glares at him.

"Dad, I-"

"Mike, he does not look like a punk. Apologize to Zachary." Mom interrupts me.

"You can call me Zac-"

"I am not apologizing! I did nothing wrong!" Dad yells, then throws his magazine down on the table next on the table next to where he's sitting.

Matt rolls his eyes and spreads his arms out. "Yo, lets not fight. Sophie said that they're just friends and as long as it stays that way, " Matt sends a dirty look to Zack, and Zack squirms in his spot. "Then I'm happy."

"I'm not-"

"Not you too, Matt! Sophie needs a boyfriend." She turns her head and looks at me. "Right, Sweetheart?"

I open my mouth to speak, but I get interrupted by Matt. "She can have a boyfriend, Mom! Okay? But, I don't want her to have one. She is my little sister after all, and it's my job to protect her from idiots like him." He gestures to Zack.

Zack's face turns red and he glares at, Matt. "I am not an idiot, Dude."

Matt steps closer to Zack, but Mom steps in-between them. "Matthew Harold Green. That was uncalled for."

Matt raises his eyebrows. "Mom, if you notice, I am not a kid anymore. In fact, we are in a waiting room at a hospital, waiting for my wife to deliver. You can't tell me what to do."

"No, but I am your Mother. And when you're doing something that is wrong...Like calling an innocent boy an idiot and almost starting a fight in the middle of a hospital, I have the right to stop it."

"Excuse me." We all turn our heads towards the entrance of the waiting room, to see a nurse glaring at us. "We have people in this waiting room who are sick, and we would like it if you all would quiet down. If you don't, we would gladly like to show you to the exit."

I look over at Mom, and her face flushes with embarrassment. "I am so sorry, Ms. We'll keep it down." Her eyes flash over to Matt, and she sends him a pointing look. "Won't we?"

Matt rolls his eyes at Mom, then smiles politely at the nurse. "Yes, we'll keep it down."

She nods her head then walks out.

I look over at Zack, and he looks like he's trying everything he can not to start laughing. I raise my eyebrows at him, and he just shakes his head.

"Sophie, I have to go to the bathroom. Can you show me where it is?"  Zack asks me.

"Uh, okay." I gesture for him to follow me out in the hallway, and as soon as we're away from everyone, he starts laughing. "What?"

He leans against the wall and takes deep breaths to calm his laugh attack down. "Your family...Are they always that way?"

My lips turn down in a frown. "Yes. I warned you about them."

He smiles and leans the back of his head against the wall. "That was both funny and awkward. I didn't know what to say."

I cross my arms. "I'm guessing that you really don't have to go to the bathroom."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I don't like to be called an idiot."

I laugh. "That's Matt. He's overprotective of me. "

"So is your, Dad." Zack laughs. "I thought he was going to beat me down. Or maybe take a shotgun out of his pocket and shoot me."

"Yeah right." I snort. "My mom, wouldn't let him even get close to you. She hates anything to do with hurting people. Even if that hurts me in the process."

"Yeah, your Mom isn't protective at all." Zacks lips turn up into a smirk. "What's up with her saying that I'm your boyfriend?"

My face heats up and I look away from his mocking eyes. "She, um, wants me to have a boyfriend like she did."

"Oh." I look back at him and he's staring up at the ceiling. "I know what it's like for your parents to want you to be something you're not."

"You do?"

He nods his head and slowly slides his eyes down to my eyes. "Yes. I do."

We stand there for a second, staring at each other. I want to ask him so bad how he knows, but, I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

He breaks our gaze first and looks at the entrance to the waiting room. "We better get back in there."

I swallow and nod my head. "Yeah, I guess we should."

His face breaks out into a grin. "After you, my princess."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Thank you."

I lead the way back to my family with Zack, following me, feeling that I left something important back in that hallway.

And It's something I never thought that I would ever leave behind.

A little piece of my hatred for, Zack.

And that scares me.