The Baby.

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! I have my laptop back!!

But, that still doesn't give you any excuse not to vote. ;)

I'm trying to make my chapters longer, so...I guess that's good. :D

This is dedicated to chellsey! She is a awesome fan! She has voted and commented on almost every chapter! Thanks, chellsey!!!!! :D

Now...

Onto the story!

Thanks.

-Shelby :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Twelve~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

I run (Or more like walk quick, since I can't run in a hospital.) to try to find him.

Zack is probably in his car. It's the only place that I can think of where he'd probably be.

The sun is setting by now, and the sky is a beautiful orange and pink color. The moon is already out and just a few stars are around it.

I wrap my arms around my body, since I'm wearing short sleeves and it's chilly outside now.

Stupid me for not bringing a coat when it's November.

I walk past the first and second row of cars, eyeing the red convertible that I would love to have.

Yeah right. Like I would be able to get that kind of a car. The best car that I would be able to have, would probably be one that could barely run.

"Sophie?"

I stop in my tracks when I hear a familiar voice.

"Sophie, is that you?"

I turn around to see, Eli, walking towards me, with a small smile on his lips. "Eli?" I ask, in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

I never got to talk to him ever again since that fight with Zack in the middle of the hall. I would just pass him. It was like he was afraid of me.

He stuffs his hands in his pockets. "I could ask you the same thing."

My hands automatically go up to push my glasses up, but then I remember that I don't have them on, and I cross my arms over my chest . "I, um, m-my sister in-law is having a baby." My cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

Eli, grins. "That's awesome." His grin falls slightly. "My Mom is in here. She had a.." He looks away from me and whispers. "A stroke."

"Oh no." I gasp. "I'm so sorry."

He lets out a humorless laugh, and looks at me again with a forced smile. "Don't. It's not your fault that she's dying."

It's then that I notice that he has dark circles under his eyes, greasy hair, and wrinkly clothes.

I bite my bottom lip as the air around us becomes awkward, because I don't know what to say.

He sighs then looks down at the watch on his wrist and then back down to me. "I'm sorry for snapping at you. I'm just really tired of people telling me that they're sorry, you know?"