A Time For Firsts.

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!!!!!

I am so sorry, for not updating sooner!!! :( I've just been so busy with Christmas and everything. I hope that you forgive me. :)

Now, I have some bad news...

I probably will not be able to update a lot for the rest of the month. :( I will update as soon as I can, but until January, I will probably only update maybe once...maybe twice, after this update.

I am sooooo sorry!

If you all hold on, I will have a special surprise for everyone in January ;)

But, only if you all hold on!

Thanks for your patience!

Now, onto the story!!!

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Thirteen.~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

"Why aren't you talking to me?"

Ignore him.

"Come on. Why are you ignoring me?"

I roll my eyes and continue staring out the window, at the rising run.

He's been bugging me since I came back from of Layla's room. Of course I'm not going to answer him. Did he forget what happened outside?

I hear him sigh and mumble something, then I feel him plop down on the couch besides me. I'm not going to let him boss me around. And that's exactly what he was doing to me outside.

"Isn't Matt's baby so sweet?" Mom gushes. "She looks just like Matt."

She's talking to me?

I look around the waiting room, and see that Dad is still asleep on the recliner, and Gabe's sound asleep on the floor.

"Who?" I point to myself, in disbelief. "Me?"

She laughs at me. "Well, of course I'm talking to you."

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh. Okay."

Mom scrunches up her eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I talk to you? You're my daughter."

"Because," I sigh and lean my head back against the back of the couch. "You...You don't talk to me a lot."

"I'm busy a lot, Honey."

I shake my head. "I know that, but even when you're not busy...You still don't talk to me." I don't know why I'm telling her this. Maybe it's the less amount of sleep that I've had. "It's like...You hate me."

Mom opens her mouth, but stops when Zack quickly stands up. "I'm gonna go check my car.You know, to make sure that no one has, um, stole it."

He throws me a quick smile before rushing out.

I look back over at Mom and she watches Zack walk out, before speaking. "Is that what you think? That I hate you?"

I look down at me lap and nod. "Yes. You've always picked at me and my clothes. You've never liked anything that I have done."