08

Charlotte was pleased when they did in fact stop at a hotel for the evening, she let Klaus pull her from the car and lead her and Stefan to the concierge desk to compel some rooms

Klaus and Stefan stayed outside in the corridor for a little while together, discussing what'd happened with the man at the school and the plan for the next day but Charlotte slid away as soon as she could. 

She didn't really care what the next step in this hellish little plan was but she was sure she wanted to shower.

Klaus and Stefan eventually ended their conversations and retired to their rooms. Charlotte heard their doors click shut and a little while later she emerged from her room. She didn't expect that they'd be in a town again for more than an hour until they reached wherever in Florida they were heading and she wanted to at least stretch her legs a little whilst she could.

Charlotte had been knocking on Stefans door for several minutes before she heard the door beside her open. Her face reddened in embarrassment as she considered perhaps she'd been knocking on the wrong door. She had been sure this was the room Stefan had lingered in front of.

"Enlisting your brother on your next escape attempt love? You really are getting bold now."

Charlotte spun on her spot, turning to the voice beside her that she knew would only be Klaus, her arms crossed her chest and her face fell into a frown.

"Do you know where my brother is?"

"Stefan stopped out for a quick bite, ripper and all, you know how it is."

Charlotte rolled her eyes and turned away, not interested in conversing with Klaus whilst he was taunting her like this. She just wanted to go for a walk and while she'd like Stefan's company, she wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to be outside regardless. 

Before she could take another step away from Klaus, he'd sped around her and was now leaning against the wall in front of her, blocking her path down the corridor.

"Sweetheart, just because I haven't killed you yet doesn't mean I won't. You really need to get it out of your head you can do as you please. Where exactly are you planing on going?"

Charlotte looked to the floor, "I've learnt my lesson no escape plans. I just want to go for a walk okay? I'm not running away." 

She hated the way he treated her like a child, even more so she hated the way his frowns still made her chest pound with fear. He held his arm out and her eyes flicked up to his, confused. 

"Lets go for a walk then darling, lead the way."

Charlotte didn't wrap her arm around his like he wanted, but she did move to his side to leave. She wanted to go out and at least this way she could stretch her legs a little before their days in the car once more.

The pair walked in silence although it wasn't uncomfortable. Charlotte led the way at first, not exactly sure where she intended on going, just excited to explore and stretch her legs.