24

They were all silent while they waited, Klaus did his best to appear as though he wasn't only staring at Charlotte and they all did their best to pretend he wasn't there at all

They were all silent while they waited, Klaus did his best to appear as though he wasn't only staring at Charlotte and they all did their best to pretend he wasn't there at all. Klaus' focus was the most concentrated, he wasn't going to appear weak by letting them know how he really cared for someone who'd do openly defied time and time again.

The doors banged open for a third time, Stefan appearing at the door. Charlotte's face fell as he walked through, she was grateful he was alive, but Klaus was in a particularly cruel mood today and she knew he would take out his rage at Elena's presence and Charlotte's defiance on her brother.

"Stefan," Elena whispered in shock as she saw him, standing to her feet.

"Klaus," Stefan called out, he'd seen Charlotte in the corner and was relieved she was okay, his eyes then fell to Elena but he didn't acknowledge her, instead walking to Klaus as though neither girl was there.

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" Klaus called out mockingly.

"I came to ask for your forgiveness, and pledge my loyalty," Stefan replied, now standing in front of Klaus.

"Well, you broke that pledge once already."

Charlotte stood from her spot, sure things were going to get ugly and Stefan called out desperately to Klaus, "Elena means nothing to me anymore. And whatever you ask of me, I will do."

"Fair enough," Klaus replied, smiling maliciously and jumping to his feet towards Dana and Chad, "Let's drink on it."

"Klaus, stop it," Charlotte called, walking towards them.

Klaus ignored her he still felt sore at her words earlier and unable to gain her forgiveness he continued to lash out, "Kill them," he commanded, pointing ahead at Dana and Chad who shuffled back with fright. When Stefan didn't move towards them his face screwed up with displeasure, "What are you waiting for? Kill them."

"No, Stefan. Don't," Elena begged out, she could see the temptation in his eyes and the trouble he was having resisting, "He's not going to hurt me he already said that-"

Klaus was furious, he suddenly backhanded Elena across the face, causing her to fly across the room. Charlotte ran to her while Stefan ran at Klaus who caught him by his neck, pulling him from where he stood and holding him up with rage.

"She means nothing to you?" Klaus asked Stefan furiously. Charlotte meanwhile was helping Elena who was clutching her lip in pain while the side of her face that had been hit quickly reddened, "Your lies just keep piling up."

"Let her go," Stefan begged, "I'll do whatever you want. You have my word."

"Your word doesn't mean much," Klaus replied, noticing from the corner of his eye that Charlotte had left Elena and moved towards Dana and Chad, "I lived by your word all summer during which time I never had to resort to this," Stefan was shaking as Klaus began to compel him, "Stop fighting."