14

*yall know the drill. It'll be edited in later.*

Maddie waits next to her car for Clay and Justin. "Morning." Maddie says with a yawn and Clay rolls his eyes. "Are you ever actually awake?" He asks and Maddie laughs "I will be when I get my coffee." She says making both boys laugh but within seconds it's over. "What have you got to say for yourself young man?" The trio turns and sees Jessica's dad. Out of instinct Maddie latches to Justin but slowly lets go realizing what she had done. "People are watching!" Jessica says trying to pull her father away, sure she felt awkward even unsafe with Justin around but she definitely didn't want her dad causing a scene, let alone in front of Maddie.

"I don't give a damn." He says and keeps walking, he was so close that if he took only a few more strides he'd be in their personal bubble but Jessica finally gets him to pause. "I do! Who do you think you're hurting right now?" She asks.

"What they did to you-" He says looking to the boy who could have stopped what happened to his daughter and the girl who was her friend and should have been there. "They didn't do it." She says quietly. "Dad, please just get in the car."

"You be very careful of yourself young man." He says pointing to Justin who was standing still, not sure what he was supposed to do. Mr. Davis's eyes drifted to Maddie and he seemed as if he was going to say something, but instead he shakes his head and walks away. Justin quickly leaves, the whole reason he wanted to go and be gone for good was because he didn't want to be reminded of what he did- or what he failed to do. Sighing Maddie looks at him and then shakes her head. "Maddie, I'm sorry I tried-" Maddie shakes her head and smiles softly. "Jess, it's okay. He knew that coming back would be hard." She says and Jessica shakes her head. "I'm not sorry for him." She says and Maddie scrunches her eyebrows. "I'm sorry that you had to be there. I know you care and love him and that you can't help it. And I'm sorry that at every turn there's someone to remind you that he's not perfect." Maddie had wanted to argue, say he was perfect, but she felt she was in a bad position.

In a way he was responsible for what happened to Jessica so she didn't feel right defending him to her, but she also didn't like the way Jessica spoke about him. But deciding to take the high road she nods and walks away.

"Hey, Maddie!" Sherri calls out to Maddie and she turns. "Yeah?" She asks and Sherri looks around. "Listen we need to talk." She says and in understanding Maddie nods her head and quickly leads her out to her car. "Speak forth." Maddie chuckles but straightens up to listen to Sherri. "Okay, Clay has been getting pictures from the Clubhouse, of Bryce with passed out girls." Maddie lets her eyes go wide but then nods looking at Sherri. "Clay said we're going to talk about it at Monets and honestly I'm tired of dealing with it on my own. Could you, at least sit with me through it?" Sherri asks and Maddie nods. "Yeah, of course." She says nodding and Sherri thanks her before asking if she could drive them. They both already knew Maddie wasn't just going to be sitting and listening.

Looking up she sees Justin with Clay. "You didn't tell me she was helping you." Justin says looking to Clay seriously and Maddie straightens up. "I didn't know she was." He says and Maddie smiles awkwardly while raising her brows and Sherri speaks. "I invited her, kinda bored of the whole. 'I'm the only girl helping out' thing." Sherri says and Clay nods sitting down pushing Justin in and whispering something to him.

"Look, we need to get in there. We've got a plan." Maddie furrows her brows, trying to get into the Clubhouse? Unless they had someone who had the combination that would end badly for whoever it was, especially if it was Clay or Justin.

"What's the plan?" She asks and Justin looks around before pulling something out of his bag. "Boom." He says and Sherri chuckles "Seriously?" She asks. "That's the plan. Put those away."