Finally Awake

"What? Already?" Kirishima yelled, confusion in his voice. "I thought All Might said it could be DAYS!"

"Well he also said it could only be a few hours ribbit" Asui said.

Aizawa cleated his throat to interrupt them. "I can only bring a couple of you to see him. He's pretty weak and his behavior has been off. Whatever the quirk is doing to him right now, it seems to be affecting his behavior and personality."

Todoroki and Uraraka both stepped forward quickly, "I'll go!" They both volunteered. "Me too!" Kirishima pitched in. Bakugo slowly slid off of the counter he was sitting on and walked over to them. "I want to go as well."

"Okay then. You four, follow me." Aizawa walked back through the door and into the cold night. "Tell us how Midoryia is when you get back." Iida called out to them. Uraraka gave him a thumbs up as the group followed behind their teacher.

The walk over to the infirmary was quiet. Thoughts were racing through the four students' heads. Aizawa was walking further ahead of the group, his hands in his pockets.

"What do you think he meant when he said Midoryia was acting weird?" Uraraka looked up to Todoroki. Todoroki shook his head.

"I don't know. Midoryia's been through trauma but the League of Villains must have had a purpose for sending Warp after only Midoryia."

"I have a bad feeling that they're planning something." Kirishima chimed in. Bakugo turned to them quickly.

"Oh please. What would a villain league want with Deku of all people? They probably just singled out the person closest to them and Deku just couldn't get out of the way in time." Bakugo sneered at them. "There's no need to worry yourselves over stupid theories."

The other three looked at each other, doubts still creeping in their minds. They finally arrived at the infirmary after a couple of more minutes of silence and stopped in front of the door. Aizawa went in first, keeping the door open just a creek as he walked behind the curtain that blocked Midoryia from sight.

"Hey kid, you have some visitors." Aizawa said softly. There was some muttering from behind the curtain and Aizawa reappeared and walked over to the group.

"Okay, you guys can go in. I'll be right out here if you need anything." Aizawa said, sitting down on the bench just outside of the infirmary. The group nodded and walked in slowly.

"Hey Midoryia, it's us." Kirishima said softly, pulling back the curtains from where Midoryia was resting. Midoryia was sitting on the far corner of his bed against the wall. His knees were pulled up to his chest and his head was down. His body was shaking slightly.

Uraraka reaches forward and put a hand on his forearm. "Hey... Deku. Are you okay?"

Midoryia sniffed softly before lifting his head. His once green iris were bright orange as he looked up to them. Tears stained his cheeks as he looked at them. "H-hey."

"Midoryia what's the matter? Are you in pain?" Todoroki asked, quickly sitting on the bed next to him.

"I-it's my head. I f-feel like it's about to explode."

"Well you did get hit with a pretty strong quirk bro. I'm sure it'll go away." Kirishima said. Midoryia shook his head softly.

"It's n-not just that. I'm getting these random memories that I don't remember having before." Midoryia stuttered out. "And I don't know which ones are real or not."

Uraraka hugged him tightly, tears going down her own face. "Hey, shhh, it's going to be okay. I promise. The affects of the quirk probably
won't last that long anyways."

"Yeah, we figured that villain's quirk would mess with your brainwaves so we just have to focus on figuring out which parts of your memories were tampered with." Todoroki chimed in.

"What're your memories about anyways?" Bakugo scoffed. The other three glared at his rough tone but looked back to Midoryia as he answered.

"They're about t-the League of Villains..."

"What? How?" Kirishima asked him in confusion.

"They're just random memories of me being with them. Of them rescuing me. They.... they don't seem that bad."

His response shocked the four as they all looked at him. "They're the ones that did this to you though." Bakugo yelled at him, causing Midoryia to flinch. "What do you mean they are that bad?"

"I don't know! It's all so overwhelming. The more I try to not think about it the more memories keep coming. I fear they might be replacing my old ones."

"Don't worry Deku. We'll find a way to reverse it." Uraraka wiped away some of his tears that were beginning to form again.

"Thanks Uraraka..." Midoryia sniffed again. Aizawa appeared in the door way motioning to the four visitors. "Alright, it's time to let Midoryia rest now."

They tried to beg Aizawa to let them stay longer but Aizawa was not planning on changing his mind. "The kid's been through a lot, let him rest."

They sighed and said their goodbyes to Midoryia. Uraraka hugged him tightly one more time before standing up. Kirishima and Todoroki patted Midoryia's shoulder softly before they also turned to leave. Midoryia said good bye to them in order.

"Bye Uraraka. Bye Kirishima and Todoroki. Bye Bakugo."

Bakugo stopped in his tracks before whipping back around. "What the fuck did you just say?"

Midoryia looked at him confused, "I said, Bye Bakugo?"

The others watched as Bakugo got closer to Midoryia. "You never call me Bakugo."

Midoryia tilted his head. "What else would I call you?"

Bakugo began to get frustrated, raising his voice even louder. "What do you mean? You haven't called me Bakugo since we were four. You've always called me Kacchan!"

Silenced filled the room as Midoryia shook his head. "How would I have given you a nickname when we were four if I didn't even meet you until last semester when I first got to UA?"

1006 Words