The Calm Before The Storm

3rd Person POV

Midoryia's eyelids opened slowly, his surroundings appearing blurry. He felt groggy as he let his head fall to the side, trying to scan the room. He realized he was back in Recovery Girl's infirmary and sighed softly. I must've passed out again, he thought to himself as he positioned his arms behind him. He slowly lifted himself up into a sitting position, rubbing  his eyes softly, trying to clear his vision. He was able to make out two figures in the room with him. One looked like a skeleton while the other one had bright red hair that jutted up like spikes.

Midoryia's movements caught their attention as they turned to him. They mumbled something and the skeleton figure began to approach him. Midoryia flinched and backed up until his vision finally cleared up. Toshinori had a concerned expression on his face as he sat at the foot of Midoryia's bed.

"All Might?" Midoryia asked weakly, realizing who the skeleton was. A smile stretched across the hero's face as he wrapped his arms around the green headed boy.

"Thank God you remember me." He sniffled, wiping away some of his tears that were forming in his eyes. Midoryia allowed some of his own tears to fall as he shut his eyes and accepted the embrace.

All Might pulled away and scanned the boy's body. "Are you feeling okay? Does anything hurt?"

"I just feel kind of out of it." Midoryia answered, rubbing his head. He looked around the room to the other figure who turned out to be Kirishima.

"Kirishima... I'm so sorry. I don't remember anything about our fight but you should know that I would never purposely try to seriously injure you or anyone else." Midoryia choked out as he could feel his throat tighten up as new tears burned his eyes. Kirishima quickly walked towards him, comforting him.

"Hey, it's okay man. That wasn't you, not really. In fact, we kind of have something to tell you." Kirishima backed up, rubbing the back of his neck. Midoryia looked to All Might who had also fallen silent.

"What is it? Did I do something else while I was out?!" Midoryia asked, trying to read their facial expression.

"No, it's nothing like that." All Might quickly said, throwing his hands up in front of him. "It's just...we figured out what the quirk has done to you."

"Am I permanently stuck like this or something?" Midoryia tilted his head, not understanding why they were acting so timid.

"No it's not permanent. There's a way to reverse it." Kirishima chimed in, trying to think of how to explain the situation to his friend without causing him to go off the deep end again.

"Then that's good, isn't it? That means I can be fixed."

"Yes, but it won't be...easy."

"What do you mean? Why won't you just tell me what's happening?" Midoryia was growing frustrated as the duo continued to dodge the main question. All Might sighed, giving in.

"Young Midoryia...Warp's quirk is indeed a brainwave manipulation power but just not the one who thought." All Might paused, trying to word the next part gently.

"The truth is, Warp didn't erase your memories, he just suppressed them, which means they are all still there. However, he's able to do this because he's...mind controlling you."