Retrieving the Target

Dabi walked further into the room. Kirishima, Kaminari, Tokoyami, and some of the other students of Class 1-A were still fighting other villains outside, most likely Twice and Mr. Compress. Todoroki's brows creased into a frown as he gritted his teeth. Momo had the cutters in her hands still as Dabi eyed the group. Uraraka and Iida were by Midoryia's side while Todoroki and Asui were in front of the couch, closest to Dabi. Momo was a few feet away from the others since she had to give herself room to create the cutters for Midoryia's cuffs. Dabi pointed his finger towards the Midoryia, a grin spreading across his face.

"Ya know, you sure did wear Warp out with him having to keep a hold on you for this long." Dabi's eyes scanned the boy's body. "And it looks like it's been having the same effect on you. Don't you think it would be so much easier to just give in instead of fighting it?"

"You're out of your damn mind if you think I'd give into someone like you." Midoryia spat back, his eyes glowing a brighter orange than usual against his bloodshot eyes. Dabi chuckled, taking another step forward.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Todoroki warned him, getting into a fighting stance. Asui crouched down onto all fours, also preparing to engage. Dabi didn't seem to even acknowledge their existence as his eyes remained locked on Midoryia. Midoryia could feel a chill go down his spine as he looked into Dabi's eyes. It was the look of a mad man.

"I got to admit, I am impressed. Warp has tried his best to erase your memories but it seems like you got everything still intact." Dabi then gestured to his eyes. "Well, not everything. It's obvious the quirk is still inside your system, so do you ever wonder if maybe you're living a lie right now too? Maybe your friends aren't even here. Maybe...we already have you."

"Don't listen to him Deku." Uraraka turned to look at Midoryia. Midoryia's eyes were fixated on his feet in front of him, his mind reeling. He was in obvious pain from the cuffs as they seemed to cut deeper and deeper into his wrists.

"Deku", Uraraka squatted next to him, trying to get his attention. "He's lying. They don't have you, and they won't ever have you. Not as long as we are here."

"Hmm, that does sound like a predicament doesn't it?" Dabi interrupted, chuckling to himself. "If you guys are the ones standing in my way, then I guess I'll just have to eliminate you."

With one quick motion of his hand, deep blue flames erupted from his palms, shooting towards Todoroki. Todoroki quickly dodged to the side, sending his own set of flames towards the villain. Dabi positioned his hand towards the ground and boosted himself up towards the ceiling, narrowly missing Todoroki's counter. Asui was already on the move, leaping towards him from behind. Dabi caught a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye and shot another stream of embers in her directions. She put her arms in defense, causing the flames to lick at her skin. She screamed in pain as she landed on the floor. 

"Asui!" Uraraka called out, running to her.

"Momo! The cutters, now!" Iida screamed. Momo nodded, tossing them to Iida. Iida caught them and turned to Midoryia.

"Not so fast, Thomas the Engine." Dabi sneered, rocketing towards him. His foot connected with Iida's chest, sending him into the wall. The cutters implanted themselves into Iida's forearm causing blood to pour down it. Dabi landed in front of Midoryia, looking down upon him. Midoryia was twisted in a painful position as he remained laying on his side.

"Let's get going kid." Dabi reached for his arm. Todoroki sprung into action, lunging towards Dabi. He tackled the villain to the ground, positioning himself on top of him. He raised his fist before driving it down into Dabi's cheek. Spit sprayed from his mouth as blood appeared on his lip. He began to laugh as Todoroki swung again.