Everything Is Not What It Seems

3rd Person POV

Midoryia was shivering slightly as Todoroki rushed him to the infirmary. He thought back to Midoryia's fight with Kirishima. It was obvious that Midoryia has been holding back against his classmates during their sparing matches but it seemed like he didn't care if he damaged Kirishima or himself in the fight. His arms were already beginning to bruise as we reached the building. Uraraka, Asui, and Kirishima were closer behind us.

Todoroki flung open the door to Recovery Girls office, causing the old woman to jump a little. "Todoroki, what's the matter-" Her eyes fell to Midoryia who was still unconscious. She quickly motioned for him to set Midoryia on the hospital bed as she grabbed her first aid kit.

"What happened? He was fine this morning!" Recovery Girl asked, pulling out her stethoscope and listening to Midoryia's chest. His breathing was all over the place as he took turns between taking deep and shallow breathes. Uraraka and the others appeared in the doorway.

"I-I don't know. He was sparing with Kirishima but something was off about him. He went crazy." Todoroki explained, watching as sweat dripped from Midoryia's forehead.

"What?! I told Shota not to let him participate in physical activities yet!" Recovery Girl cursed to herself under her breath. She got an electric blanket out from one of the drawers and placed it over Midoryia, plugging it in so that it would begin to heat up.

"Is he going to be okay?" Asui asked the woman, hopping forward into the room.

"He'll be fine, he's had many episodes like this in this past week. Just not this intense."

"Wait, you're telling me Deku's had to endure this exact same thing for the past week?" Uraraka asked, holding her hand up to her mouth. Recovery Girl nodded.

"Whatever the League wants with Midoryia must be big because I don't know why else they would go through this much trouble just to immobilize a student."

Kirishima shook his head, "So have you figured out of this could be reversed?"

Recovery Girl stuck up her finger. "That's the thing. Recent results show that the quirk inside over Midoryia is still in effect, meaning that owner of the quirk still manipulating it."

"Wait a minute...that means-" Asui began before Aizawa walked into the room, a stack of papers in his hands.

"He's being mind-controlled." He stated, placing the stack on the counter.

"How do you know?" Kirishima looked to Midoryia. He had stopped shaking as the blanket continued to heat up but he wasn't looking good.

"I've been doing research on this quirk ever since Midoryia was first affected. Apparently there's been multiple reports and similar instances all around the country but the recent attacks have been in this city about a month ago. The victims reported having no memory of what happened to them but video surveillance shows footage of their appearance or personality changing drastically" Aizawa flipped through some of the papers before handing them to Recovery Girl. Todoroki read the pages over the old woman's shoulder before looking up to Aizawa.

"But each of these victims were only affected for a few hours before the quirk was cleared from their system. Not to mention, they seemed to have only been used in robberies."  Todoroki scanned through the documents in front of him.

Uraraka picked up a paper before pointing at one of the pictures presented on it. "But look, they each have the same orange streaks on their face like Deku has."

"I believe that the League's newest member used to be just a normal villain who did petty thievery, but now that the League has taken him in, he is most likely complying with whatever they want him to do." Aizawa paced around the room as he spoke.

"So do you think they're purposely blocking off certain memories that Midoryia has to make him more vulnerable ribbit?" Asui chimed in.

Aizawa nodded, "That would also explain why they also replaced memories with ones regarding the League. They could be trying to persuade him to their side before applying force."

"Before applying force? Are you saying they could be coming over Midoryia any day now?" Kirishima was getting heated as the conversation carried on.

"We should most likely be prepared for the worst." Aizawa collected the rest of the papers before stacking them neatly into his arms. "I need to relay this information to All Might. I only came here to tell you this so that you would have a precaution. For now on, students from Class 1-A will take turns guarding Midoryia. Spread the word."

Aizawa hurried out of the room, closing the door behind him. Uraraka massaged her head softly with the tips of her fingers, "This is so much to take in."

"I know. The thing that confuses me though is why would they want Midoryia? I thought he was on their kill list." Kirishima added, also appearing unsettled by the news.

"Perhaps they figured out he was a better asset to them as an ally rather than dead ribbit." Asui held a finger up to her chin as she talked.

"Maybe..." Todoroki glanced at Midoryia. Recovery Girl was wrapping his arms in bandages as the group talked amongst themselves. He looked...in pain as he remained unconscious.

"Anyways, we should probably go figure out a schedule with the others to plan out who is watching Midoryia on which days." Uraraka let out a sigh before walking out the door, Asui trailing behind her. Todoroki's eyes remained locked on Midoryia as Kirishima tugged on his arm.

"Come on dude, we should let him rest for now."

Todoroki tore his eyes away from his friend and nodded, "Yes, of course."

Hang in there Midoryia, we'll find a way to help you.

971 Words