I Feel...Different

Midoryia's POV

  I don't understand what's wrong with me. According to Mr. Aizawa all these people were my friends, my classmates. Why am I so scared? As we walked towards the training fields, they seemed to swarm around me. I felt... trapped. Is that what they wanted?

  "Do you still get headaches?" Some frog girl asked me. I look at her in confusion. Why would she care? I don't even know her. I just nodded my head softly, "Yeah, sometimes."

"Are you having trouble remembering certain things?" Another student asked, but I think I remembered him. He had ruffled blonde hair with a black streak shooting across one of the strands. I think his name was Kaminari. His question felt a little inappropriate to me but I figured he didn't mean any harm by it. I simply nodded my head again, this time I didn't speak though. The more I answered their questions, the more they seemed to get closer to me. I recognized some of them but others were complete strangers. I hoped that maybe if I just stopped answering, then maybe they would leave me alone, but I was wrong.

Through all the chaos, I was able to see a familiar face though. It was the IcyHot kid, what was his name? Todoroki? He seemed worried about me when he looked at me. I looked away quickly, turning my attention back to my "friends". As I looked at them, all I could feel was fear. I felt like I was about to suffocate as they drew in closer and closer. Eventually I had enough, I broke through them and hurried ahead.

I heard one of them call out to me but I refused to turn around. I could hear some shouting behind me, but I couldn't recognize who it belonged to. I thought I made enough distance between me and them when suddenly I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I instinctively flinched, and the hand released me. I looked up at the boy next to me. It was IcyHot, I mean Todoroki.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. He was one of the few classmates that I actually wasn't scared around. I remembered certain things, like the UA Sports Featival, or our fight in Hosu.

I shook my head slowly, "It's all so o-overwhelming." I mentally cursed myself for stuttering. Was I really this much of a wimp?

"Yeah, they shouldn't have crowded you like that." He replied to me. I was going to say something back when a sharp pain rang through my head. I paused, before realizing that maybe I wasn't scared of being crowded. I was just scared that they would hurt me. I was told while I was in the infirmary that my memories had been altered by a quirk, but I don't remember any of it. I just remember the group of kids visiting me the first day that I woke up. Since then, it feels like I've been losing pieces of myself. I feel like I can't remember who I was before. I looked up at Todoroki.

"N-no, it's not that." I needed to tell somebody. If I kept all of this inside of me there's no doubt I'd regress more. I felt my heart begin to race. What if he thinks I'm a freak though? At this point, it feels like I am. Todoroki tilted his head and frowned, "Then what's wrong?"

I hesitated, trying to control my emotions before I spoke but it was no use. In this moment, all I felt was fear rushing through my body. "I don't remember half of them."

  I scanned his face, waiting for a response. He just looked at me, worry painted across his face. Did he feel bad for me? Or was he judging me? I couldn't tell, I felt my face heat up as I quickly looked back to the ground. "It's nothing, just forget about it."

  I quickly hurried ahead of him, I could hear him say my name but he was cut off, probably by my classmates. I looked back to see that I was several yards ahead of them already but I kept up my pace. I was surprised at how fast I could walk, probably because of my quirk. Even though I had forgotten certain things, all my memories regarding my quirk had stayed intact.