He's Gone

3rd Person POV

Midoryia's foot pressed hard into Mina's chest making her wheeze in pain as she clawed at his red shoes.

"You can't possibly expect us to choose between our friends as if they were objects!" Todoroki sneered as Midoryia's smile widened.

"Of course I can. I just did. Either Midoryia is walking out that door or Pinky's getting a collapsed lung. Your choice." Midoryia's distorted voice stated.

"I'm okay. Just focus on Midoryia." Mina managed to force out. Before anyone could move, a scarf shot through the air and wrapped around Midoryia's body, binding his arms to his side as he was propelled backwards.

Iida held onto the scarf tight as Momo finished up the final details. Midoryia let out a cough as he landed harshly on the floor. His arms were tight to his body as he managed to wrangle his way to his knees, his orange eyes glaring at the duo.

"How adorable. You recreated Eraserhead's scarf. Very impressive." Midoryia teased as he inspected his bindings. He laughed as the group drew closer. Todoroki crept in closer towards him, placing his hand on the floor and freezing the ground beneath Midoryia, securing his feet in place.

"Come on Midoryia. You can fight him." Todoroki pleaded as he stood in front of him. This caused the trapped boy to snicker softly to himself.

"Midoryia's not here right now! What part of that don't you guys understand? He can't hear you!" He bursted out. He then sighed as his expression grew serious. "And I'm at the end of my patience."

His once composed and serious tone turned back to a crazed look, as if a switch had been flicked inside of Midoryia's body. His head thrashed from side to side as if he had just become aware that he was trapped.

"What's happening to him?!" Kirishima called out. He was by Mina's side, trying to help her up. Lightning began to crackle around Midoryia as One for All flooded its way back through his system.

In one swift motion, Midoryia lifted his finger and flicked it towards the ice trapping his legs. It bursts into shards, causing the pieces to go flying around the room. One of the shards lodged itself into Tokoyami's shoulder, causing him to suck in air as pain washed over his arm.

"Tokoyami!" Mina called out to him as the boy fell to his knee, clutching his bleeding arm.

Midoryia worked fast as he sprang to his feet, and looking at the scarf. He followed the scarf's path back to Iida who was still clutching onto it tight.

"Midoryia, don't let this guy win." Iida tried to reason with him but to no success. Midoryia was a mere blur as he rocketed forward, his knee making contact with Iida's chest, causing the boy to propel backwards, crashing into Momo on the way. His hold on the scarf loosened, allowing Midoryia to wiggle free.

Once his arms were no longer bound he had one objective. Get outside.

He turned his head towards where Shoji was positioned. Shoji's arms were stretched out in front of him, blocking the door way from Midoryia's reach. That's when Midoryia's eyes slowly crept towards the window next to him.

"Shoji! The window!" Bakugo yelled out, watching as the greenette changed his course.

"Shit-" Shoji tried for reach out towards the glass but it was too late. Midoryia shot past him and throw the window, causing the glass to break around him.

"He's escaping!" Kaminari shouted as he began to follow him. Before he even had a chance to move Bakugo had already propelled himself through the same window. Midoryia made it halfway across the yard before Bakugo blocked him off again.

Bakugo raised his hand towards the boy while he inspected his body. Midoryia's wounds from earlier were beginning to open back up, not to mention the new scratches on him due to the glass from the window weren't looking good. He was in bad shape.

"Deku. You're either snapping out of it yourself or I'm going to have to make you." Bakugo stated as he tried to searching for any sign of understanding from his classmate. Midoryia's teeth clenched as he stared back at the blonde.

Midoryia then raised his hand as well. It was shaky as it drew up towards Bakugo, as if he was struggling.

"Drop it Deku." Bakugo ordered, his voice filled with concern and anger.

Suddenly Midoryia's finger flicked forwards. Bakugo tensed up, waiting for the impact but it never came. Bakugo looked back up to Midoryia who was clutching his hand with the other.

"R-Run." His voice came out strangled.

"Deku?" Bakugo asked as he looked at the shaking boy.

Midoryia's head shot up to look at him. One of his eyes has faded back to normal but the other one still remained engulfed in orange.

"G-Get out..of h-here. I c-can't stop it." He struggle to say as he kept a tight hold of his hand which seemed to be trying to wiggle itself free.

"Deku just let me get you inside." Bakugo said as he crept forward towards him.

"There's n-no t-time. J-Just promise m-me something." Midoryia said as his eyes locked onto Bakugo's.

"What is it?"

"Promise m-me you'll s-save me."

Bakugo frowned as he growled angrily. "Don't talk like that! Just come with me back to the house you damn Deku. You're going to be fine."

"N-No...I'm not." Midoryia's hold on reality slipped away as orange flushed over his eyes again. Bakugo shot towards him, his arms outreached to make contact with his chest but he wasn't quick enough. Midoryia lifted his leg and sent it flying into Bakugo's side, causing him to go crashing across the yard and sliding against the grass.

A portal opened next to Midoryia, causing the greenette to look at it with curiosity. He turned towards it.

"Deku! Get away from there!" Bakugo yelled to him as he struggled to get back to his feet. Midoryia paid no attention to him as he stepped towards it.

Bakugo used his hands to shook himself forward, once again reaching out towards the boy. "Deku don't!"

Midoryia looked at the blonde one last time before allowing his body to fall into the portal. The portal closed as Bakugo's hands attempted to reach through, causing Bakugo to remain standing where his classmate had once been.

"Damn it!" Bakugo screamed out as he blasted the ground in frustration. The others had finally managed to make their way through the broken glass and outside as they looked at Bakugo.

"Where's Midoryia?" Todoroki asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"He's gone."