C A L L # 3 9

her | him

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

- incoming call from princess - 

"I walked in...she was on the bathroom floor..." he sniffed "with both her wrists slit open, laying in a pool of her own blood"

"Damion I..." she whispered "I don't know what to say"

No response.

"I'm sorry...I know my sorry won't do anything for you but I really am sorry"

She waited for him to respond.

He didn't.

"Why did she do it?"

Another sniff.

"My father. He was cheating on her for 4 years, she found out and...she couldn't do it anymore"

He sighed.

"She's gone..." he whispered "She left me with that asshole who threw me into care the second he heard she was gone"

Her heart ached for the boy.

"Oh Damion...I'm here for you-"

"Wait...I need to tell you the rest" he muttered

"Take all the time you need"

He sighed "He called me that day. 11 years later, the fucker calls me and says he wants to meet up. That's...that's why I was so angry. I didn't mean to upset you Isabella, I just didn't know-"

"Stop. After everything you just told me, you're the one apologizing?"

He whispered "I still see her. Every now and then when I sleep, the image haunts me. I just can't believe she's gone..."

"She'll always be with you Damion, maybe not in person but in soul. She loved you"

"If she loved me, why'd she leave me?" his voice cracked on the last word.

Tears were building up in her eyes. All that raw emotion after years of trying to be numb was overwhelming.

"Sometimes...sometimes the pain just becomes too much and that's the only way out"

She sighed.

"That's why I drink. I drink to forget. If I hadn't taken so long to open the bathroom door, maybe..." he hesitated "maybe she'd still be here"

"Don't. It wasn't your fault. Please don't blame yourself..."

A whimper escaped his lips.

"Damion-"

//call ended//

"The world is a sick place. You don't deserve any of this"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ok NOW yall can kill me </3

also idk, i wrote this chapter like forever ago? well i wrote about 99% of this book forever ago. idk, i don't really like it anymore but i'm going to finish it off anyway. 

anyway 5.2K READS??? LIKE WHAT???? ugh seriously, i can't believe that. 

thank you SO SO MUCH TO EVERYONE 

vote and comment <33