Birthday

It‘s Saturday and it’s my birthday. I’m 18, still on school, what a shame. I started to avoid Zero because of what happened the other day about he calling me annoying girl and because every time I looked at him, he always looked at me with a serious and sometimes with cold eyes……..Today for my birthday my friends and I are going to the basement to read manga and to play music. No one know that ours instrument are on the basement. We went to the basement, my friends started to play and I was reading the manga “Love Attack”. I really love this manga, it’s funny.

“Hey,_______” Moon said.

“What” I said.

“I was thinking to do a concert here in the basement every Saturday because this school is boring even though there is vampire living in this place. It has to be without permission because if Mr. ChairMan, Kaname or Zero found out about this we are going to be in a super big trouble but we could invite some of the night class” Moon told me.

“I think it’s a good idea” said Star.

“But the night class might tell Kaname” I told her.

“If they want to have fun in this boring school, they need to learn how to keep a secret” Moon replied.

Blue just nodded.

“Okay…….Wait that means that I have to sing in front of everyone and it has to be a secret……. You know what forget it, I’m not going to do it and if Kaname or Zero found out about this, we will definitely be dead” I told them.

“Is too late. You already said yes” said Blue.

“Hey ______, are you going to avoid Zero, again” Moon told me.

“Yes, I’m going to avoid him” I told her.

“But why, I thought that you like him” Moon said.

“I do like him and you know why I’m avoiding him” I replied.

“Girls, we still don’t have a name for ours’ band” Star told us.

“Dammit, I totally forgot about that” Blue told us.

“I know how to call our band” I told them.

“Told us” Blue demand.

“It’s easy the name is going to be Vampire Knight.” I told them.

“Yes, I like it. It does make sense” Star told her.

“How” Blue asked.

“It’s the name of the manga and because the night class are vampire” Star told her.

            We made some posters and put it around the school because we were planning to sing tonight in the basement. Blue went to talk to Kain about the little concert. They were kind of friends. Moon and Star went to the girls dormitories to give them the posters. I went outside to give the students that were in the garden or in the fountain.

        I was given out the posters to the students when I was about to leave I saw Yuuki walking towards me and Zero behind her. He had his serious face. I turned my back to her and I started to walk to the opposite direction so that I could avoid Zero, sadly she called me. I stopped and turn around. I saw Yuuki and Zero in front of me. I looked down so that I couldn’t see his face.

 “Hi _______, it’s true that today is your Birthday” Yuuki told me.

“Yes. Today is my Birthday” I replied stilled looking down.

“______, why aren’t you looking at me” she told me.

I sighed and looked only at her.

“Happy Birthday _______” She said to me while smiling then she hit Zero on the head.

“Say happy birthday to _______” Yuuki demanded.

“Happy Birthday. There happy” he said mad at Yuuki.

I felt happy because he talk to me but I frown because he was obligated to say “Happy Birthday” to me.

“Look Zero, You make _______ frown” She said while hitting him again.

“It’s okay, Yuuki. I wasn’t frowning”. I lied to her.

 “I have to go, bye Yuuki” I told her and I left.

      I was looking at the ground when I bumped into someone. I felt on the ground, still two poster on my left hand. The person that I bumped to held his hand and I took it without looking at the person face.

“I’m sorry” I told the person.

“Don’t worry about it,_______” the person told me.

I looked at the person then I replied “Oh, it’s you, Kuran”.

“Why don’t you called me by my name. and why did you just sound like you didn’t want to see me” Kaname told me.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it” I told him.

“What it is that on your hand” Kuran told me.

I hided the poster in my back.

“Just paper….school work” I lied to him.

“Okay. I have to go and talk to Mr. ChairMan” he told me while taking my hand and kissing it. Of course I felt my cheek getting a little pink.

        It was night fall and the basement was full. There were students from the night and day class. I saw almost everyone from the night class, except for Kaname and Rita. We were on stage and we heard students screaming because they want us to sing. To tell you the truth I was a little nervous. I breathe in and out.

“Hi, students from the day and night class. I’m _______ ________ the vocalist and they are my friends Blue, Star and Moon. The name of our band is called Vampire Knight” I told them.

        I looked to where the night class where and they were looking at us with a shocked face like we know their big secret. Okay, we know the secret but we are not going to be stupid enough to tell them that.

“If you are asking why our band name is called Vampire Knight. The answer is simple, we believe that in this world exists vampires.” I told them.

“We don’t care if You call us freak or weird because we believe in them, because we believe in vampires.” Blue told them.

“I hope that you like our band” Star told them while smiling at the students.

“Let’s Rock” Moon yelled at them.        

        The students started to scream because the want to hear us. I took the microphone and stared to sing “This Song Saved My Life” by Simple Plan.

"I want to start by letting you know this
because of you my life has a purpose
you helped be who i am today
I see myself in every word you say
Sometimes it feels like nobody gets me
Trapped in a world where everyone hates me
There's so much that I'm going through
 I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you

[Chorus]
 I was broken
 I was choking
 I was lost
 This Song saved my life
 I was bleeding stopped believing
 could have died
 This song saved my life
 I was down
 I was drowning
 but it came on just in time
 this song saved my life

 Sometimes I feel like you've known me forever
 You always know how to make me feel better
 Because of you my dad and me
 are so much closer than we used to be
 You're my escape when I'm stuck in a small town
 I turn you up whenever I feel down
 you let me know like no one else
 That it's ok to be myself

[Chorus]
I was broken
 I was choking
 I was lost
 This Song saved my life
 I was bleeding stopped believing
 could have died
 This song saved my life
 I was down
 I was drowning
 but it came on just in time
 this song saved my life

 You'll never know what it means to me
 that I'm not alone
 That I'll never have to be

[Chorus 2x] 
I was broken
 I was choking
 I was lost
 This Song saved my life
 I was bleeding stopped believing
 could have died
 This song saved my life
 I was down
 I was drowning
 but it came on just in time
 this song saved my life"

        I finished singing and the students liked it. I sat on a chair and my friends went too talked to Kain, Shiki, Rima, Seiren and Takuma. I felt that someone sat beside me and I looked at the person and it was Aidou.

 ~~~~Thanks to hugs_for_hippies for the cover for this story~~~~