a piece of writing for school, thought i'd share <3

It was a blustery Autumn afternoon, though it felt like Summer. The sun glowed on our skin, the birds dancing above the clouds, the wind whispering through our ears. Hundreds of dogs run at our feet, their paws damp with the cold seawater that brushed against the edge of the sandy beach. The beach was vast, but with the thousands of people flocking its shores, we were crammed like sardines in a can, sharing the same air.The sea was crystal blue, shimmering like stars in the raven black night only twelve hours prior. Fish swam in its waters, their fluorescent scales brushing against the swaying seagrass of all shades of green. My Mum, Dad and I strolled past the flax bushes. We avoided the people passing us, their laughs echoing through our ears. We breathed a sigh of relief that what we were hearing weren't coughs. Sand poured into the cracks in our sneakers, digging into our heels, causing an uncomfortable feeling throughout our legs as we walked. My parents and I gazed at the tall rectangular skyscrapers in the distance - the CBD - which was once bustling with life but was now like a post-apocalyptic waste field.It was deserted apart from the odd car grazing its streets, wishing to head to a place without sickness and death, a place where people can live without fear of disease. At that time, I just hoped Covid-19 didn't last long enough to become one.

It's kinda weird but that's because we had to do sentences with specific things eg. texture (what you physically felt), action (walked, ran, strolled) etc.

My teacher said it's too descriptive... oOpS😌