01 | art attack

On an early August morning two teenagers could be seen running for their lives through the busy streets of London. Both were dressed in black clothes from head to toe. The slightly taller girl had brown hair that was tied into a bun on the top of her head and it contrasted strongly to her ivory skin and emerald green eyes. The other girl had olive skin, brown eyes and black hair that fall down to her mid back.

As they ran they tried desperately to avoid the beams of laser that their assailant. was shooting at them. The man dressed like a Mexican wrestler managed to gain more and more on them, forcing them to quicken their pace.

"What an amazing way to start the new school year," Alexandra London, said sarcastically as they made a sharp turn to the left. "Wake up early, go outside and get chased by some crazy maniac that looks like a freaking cartoon - and all of it before breakfast!"

"Come on Ally, you have been complaining all summer that you don't get enough action in your life," Rose replied as the man shoot at them again, forcing them to dodge.

"Well, not this early in the morning. If I wanted the exercise I would have taken up jogging before school" Alex yelled back while looking back to see the man getting closer to them.

They reached some kind of tunnel that they could run into. Once inside they found a pillar to hide behind just before the man entered the tunnel. Both girls tried to control their breathing in order to stay hidden and after a few seconds Rose leaned out see if the man was there. When she didn't see anything both of them walked around the pillar to face a fence. They heard a movement behind them and before the man could fire against them Alex did a tornado axe kick, knocking his blaster out of his hand.

"You were a rubbish shot anyway, Rose sassed as the man looked at the two girls in shock. The Mexican wrestler attempted to run away from the girls who immediately followed him but somehow he managed to disappear. Both of them looked around hesitantly as they slowly moved backwards.

"Where the hell did he go?" Alex asked rhetorically as they continued their search. But suddenly someone grabbed both of their shoulders causing Alex and Rose to jump in fright before they flipped the man over. Both girls crouched down and Rose unmasked their assailant.

"Frank," Rose and Alex exclaimed in shock as they looked at the familiar face. "Should have guessed" Rose added with a smile on her face.

"There is no point in being Head of Training  if you don't get your boots dirty now and then" Frank said in a breathless manner as a consequence of having chased the girls for several minutes.

"What's with the Aztec headgear?" Rose asked while looking at the mask in her hands.

"Oh this? I just wanted to look like one of those Latino wrestlers you kids are into," Frank answered only to receive a snort from his niece.

"Oh dear, Uncle Frankie," she sighed dramatically while Rose frowned down at the man.

"Did you really have to deploy that tank against us" Rose asked, choosing to intervene before the uncle and niece duo could go into a long discussion about wrestlers.

"Yeah seriously. Why did we have to do this in the morning. I didn't even have time to eat breakfast and you of all people know how I get when I don't get food," Alex complained to her uncle, pouting childishly.

"I don't know why you guys are complaining. You have had a six week holiday," Frank exclaimed, choosing to not answer his niece's complaints. "And you have topped the training review again with a record score"

The two girls looked at each other smiling smugly before turning their attention back to the man on the floor.

"Now get back to school. Daisy and Blaine have gone and your new teammates will be waiting in class. See if you can spot them," Frank told them while standing up with the girls doing the same.