14 | mrs king - license to spy

"Mrs King is starting to remember" Rose said, the agents were in HQ discussing an urgent matter. Oscar had gone undercover as a psychologist and discovered that Mrs King was starting to get back the memories that had been removed during the Dark Star mission.

"I thought these was meant to wipe out the memory" Carrie said holding the memory removal sunglasses.

"They did. But MI9 is getting reports of other memory wipes going wrong too" Frank said solemnly.

"Well that's just great isn't it" Alex said sarcastically.

"Think of the wipe as a dam. Holding back the memories MI9 want forgotten. But when the wipe starts to fail fragments of blocked memories start to leak out" Oscar explained.

"But if she thinks it all just a dream then what's the deal?" Carrie asked.

"The fragments of memory is like jigsaw pieces. When she gets all her memories back she will have all the pieces of the jigsaws" Frank explained.

"And when she puts them together she will realise her dream was real" Oscar finished. "She will know everything."

"Including our secret identities" Rose realised.

"If that happens MI9 will shut us down" Frank said.

"Can't we just give her a stronger memory wipe?" Carrie tried to come up with an idea.

"That would errase everything. It would turn Mrs King into a vegetable" Frank said.

"I think we should risk it. I could definitely see her as a celery. Bitter and not something any kid should be forced to go anywhere near" Alex joked.

"This is serious" Oscar scolded her, "The problem is that their is no telling how Mrs King is going to react when the memory wipe deteriorates."

"Oscar is right" Frank said, "Your mission is to keep an eye on Mrs King and make sure she doesn't blow our cover."

"My dream mission!"

~~~

The agents were sitting in french class but as usual Alex wasn't paying much attention to the class. But when Mr Flatley walked in she straitened up and listened.

"Aaaah haha, Française. The language d'amore. I used to be quiet the linguist you know."

"Was there something headmaster?" Mrs King asked. In the spirit of the french lesson Mr Flatley tried to ask his question in french which Alex quickly translated.

"Have you seen my fluffy white tail?" she said, and she actually received a rather impressed glance from Mrs King before she turned to Mr Flatley with a confused one. The class laughed.

"No, what I was trying to say is: have you seen my rabbits foot? You know the computer-dongle-thingy."

"Oh you mean the rabbits foot you glued to a memory stick" Mrs King said.

"Yes, for good luck!"

"Not for the poor rabbit" Alex said which caused the class to laugh and Mrs King to glare.

"You see the thing is, I was making a cup of tea when I plugged in the kettle I unplugged your computer by mistake and when I plugged it back in it started doing a funny grinding noise" Flatley said awkwardly.

"That's not good" Rose said casually.

"I have only just finished the report" Mrs King said.

"Report?"

"All the kids clase work. English, Science, IT. It's taken me weeks" Mrs King said angrily.

"Oh yes I remember now. But the good news is you made a back up on all your hard work. Didn't you" Flatley tried get out of his mess.