04 | the dark star

"Good morning" Alex said cheerfully, walking up to Oscar and Carrie who stood in front of their lockers. "I heard you were sent on a dangerous mission yesterday, trying to find a secret artefact in a labyrinth" she continued sarcastically.

"Ha ha. How did you even find about that and why didn't you have to go with us?" Oscar asked irritated by the fact that they had been send out on a completely useless mission.

"I'm to qualified for such mission, plus Frank asked me if I wanted to go and I said no. And I know the guy you picked up the packages from and he called me twice. Once to say that you were awfully late and once to tell me that you finally came and that the reason behind your lateness was that you got lost" Alex answered with a teasing smirk, loving the fact that they had gotten lost inside MI9's headquarters.

"Well that's humiliating" Carrie said thinking back to the day before. Getting lost with a grumpy and stubborn Oscar wasn't one of her top ten favourite moments. She could only imagine what would have happened if Alex and Oscar had gotten lost together. They were both stubborn as hell and none of them liked admitting that they were wrong. They would probably have killed each other she thought.

"As humiliating as the smell of your stinking socks?" Alex smirked dodging the punch Carrie threw at her before walking towards the classroom laughing at her friend's misfortune.

~~~

The school bell rang and the students poured out of the classrooms. Everyone was ready for half term. The agents were walking alongside their classmates and they had reached the staircase when Avril caught up to them.

"So Oscar, got anything planned for half turn?" Avril asked the blonde boy who shrugged awkwardly while Alex tried to stifle her laughter beside him. He sent her a small glare but that only made her laughter harder to contain.

"No" Oscar said shortly looking around awkwardly. Wow he really is horrible in these kind of situations. Either he really is an amazing actor or a completely socially disabled person Alex thought observing the scene with amusement.

"We can hang out if you'd like" Avril suggested and Alex let out an unladylike snort at her unsubtle comment. Carrie looked at Alex with a smirk, also enjoying Oscar's discomfort.

"Oh well, uh..." was all Oscar could come up with before Avril's attention shifted.

"Mrs King" was the last thing they heard from Avril before she walked over to speak with the deputy headmaster.

"Wow" was all Alex said as she continued to laugh at Oscar. "A little lesson in girls and lying. If a girl ask you what you're doing this weekend, she means do you want to do something this weekend. If you don't want to, come up with an excuse" she said finding this situation utterly amusing.

Oscar opened his mouth to respond with something snarky when their pencils started to buzz signalling that Frank needed them. They ran towards the secret elevator and went down.

They walked in to see Frank stand in front of the computers. "What's up?" Carrie asked, hoping that a new case had come up.

"Oh nothing. I just wanted the package you picked up for me" he replied excitedly and took the package from Oscar.

"It was taken of a SKUL agent. Interesting construction, HQ wants me to catch my beady eye over it" Frank explained taking it out of its wrappings.

"Not much to look at" Oscar said unimpressed by the entire situations.

"Maybe not, in the wrong hands this box of tricks could reek havoc" Frank explains seriously.

"How so?" Oscar asked, now a little intrigued.