10 | operation flopsy

The four MI High agents along with Frank were seated in a crowded room in MI9 Headquarters. They were listening to Cheif Agent Shaw's rambles about how his plan to capture the Grand Master failed miserably.

"My operation was planned to perfection" Shaw said angrily, "A tip off seems to be the only explanation for our failure."

"I can't see a through all this smoke" Rose whispered which gained the attention of her fellow agents. The room they were in was completely filled with smoke which made it hard to see anything.

"I think the aircon is broken. Can't you sort it Frank?" Oscar asked the older agent.

"I'm here in my capacity as a senior MI9 agent. Not as a caretaker" Frank said, trying to silence his agents.

"Yeah, but we all know that no one here could fix it faster or better than you" Alex said while leaning slightly over the table to give her uncle a smile.

"Hehe, I did once install a whole air conditioner system for a shantytown in Latin America" he said smilingly before holding up a screwdriver and diving under the table.

"Anyway" Agent Shaw said loudly which gained the teenagers attention again, "all we know is, his weakness for pastries was the last lead we had on the Grand Master."

"Well that's not sad" Alex mumbled under her breath and she received a small chuckle from Rose and Oscar who were the only once that sat close enough to hear her.

"What we need know is new ideas. Out of the box thinking" the cheif agent continued and Carrie raised her arm as a signal that she wanted to speak. But sense most of the older agents didn't like the MI High project he completely ignored her.

"Agent Lou?" he said instead and the woman closest to him looked up in surprise.

"Eh, we could eh, we could introduce ID-cards and maybe he would fill one in" she suggested which caused the younger agents to look at each other unimpressed.

"ID-cards. Good" Shaw said before writing it on a whiteboard. Alex snorted, rather loudly, which caused a few of the older agents to look at her angrily. In response she gave them a smirk and leaned back in her chair slightly.

Frank finally came back from underneath the table after fixing the air conditioner, his har all over the place. Meanwhile Agent Lou raised her hand again and Carrie was once again ignored when the man in the front pointed at the other woman.

"Off shore saving account sir. We check if the Grand Master has any in his name" Agent Lou said, looking rather proud of herself.

"Good. Good I like it" he said before writing it on the board.

"If this is what MI9 has to offer we should just wave the white flag and let the Grand Master do whatever he wants" Alex said while looking at the others with a serious expression.

"If this lot had one good idea between them we would actually stand of catching the Grand Master" Oscar whispered to Alex while she nodded in agreement, "and get my mum out of that SKUL-prison" he added which caused Alex to avert her gaze away from him.

Ever since they had seen the video that cleared her Oscar's mothers name Alex had gotten a bad feeling about the entire situation. There was something about it that video that made her doubt the woman's intentions. She hadn't told the others, not even Frank, but she had hacked MI9's database to download the video. She didn't know how many times she had watched it by know, she didn't know exactly what was wrong but she knew that something about Oscar's mother's expressions made her wary.

"Anyone else?" the man in the front asked them which brought her out of her thoughts. She looked around and saw that Carrie was waving her hand in the air to get his attention but to no avail. "Agent Kahn?" he asked but that was when Carrie had enough.