06 | the new grand master

The agents started their morning in the usual way, with lessons. The only thing that was different this time was that instead of being dragged to the front by Rose, Alex had been dragged away by Oscar.

When they entered the classroom Oscar had seized the opportunity of Rose being a couple of steps behind them to steal Alex away.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked when he started to drag towards the back.

"I really can't handle Avril today. She sits next to me in every class and it's getting a little annoying" Oscar exclaimed before leading Alex to a seat next to him.

"So you're using me as some kind of human barricade? And here I thought we had something special Blondie" she said dramatically holding a hand over her heart in fake pain.

Avril then entered the classroom and looked around it, obviously to find Oscar. When she spotted him she smiled but her smile died quickly when she saw Alex next to him. She glared a little at Alex as she walked over to the pair.

"She's going to kill me isn't she?" Alex whispered miserably but she only received a chuckle in response.

"Hey Oscar!" Avril said happily when she reached their benches before turning to Alex, "You know Alexandra, you're in MY seat. I always sit next to Oscar".

"Hello to you to Avril" Alex said deciding to ignore the fact that she had just jumped right to shooing her away. "And we don't have assigned seats in this class, sooo..." she ended sending Oscar a small glare for putting her in this situation.

"But I always sit there. Don't you always sit with Rose in the front?" Avril continued and Alex was starting to get a little annoyed with her.

"You can sit next to me, I don't bite" she said with a smirk leaning back in her chair. Avril huffed before sitting next to her pouting like a unhappy child.

"Thank you" Oscar mouthed to Alex in gratitude. "You owe me" she answered signalling him to look at Avril who was looking at them with a suspicious look.

"Now for homework I asked you all to read chapter eight of advanced physics. I assume everyone has read it" Mr Flatley interrupted their silent conversation. In response he got a couple of unsure 'yes' from the class.

"Because I thought I would surprise you all with a little test" he said which made everyone in the class except for Rose groan while she looked like she just won the lottery.

"Oscar you first" Flatley said making the blonde grimace while the brunette next to him chuckled. "Can you tell me the equation to calculate speed?"

"Eh, speed equals distance divided by time" he said unsurely looking at Alex in confirmation. The brunette nodded at him while smiling which made him more confident.

"Oooooh, such a mommy's boy!" Scoop taunted which made Oscar look down in both sadness and anger. "Mommy's boy! Mommy's boy! Mommy's boy! Mommy's boy!" Scoop and his posy continued to taunt Oscar.

Alex looked at the blonde next to her worriedly knowing this was a though subject for him. She was just about to strangle the three boys when Oscar snapped.

"SHUT UP" he screamed which caused Alex to flinch in surprise beside him, "you don't know anything about my mum" he said which made the entire class go silent.

Scoop was about to open his mouth to say something in response when Alex cut in. "Fun that you call him a mommy's boy when it looks like your wearing your grandmother's fur coat and hat to school" she taunted making him blush in embarrassment as the class laughed at him.

Alex turned a look at Oscar who managed to crack a grateful smile at her. She took his hand in hers smiling softly at him and he squeezed it in response. Next to them they heard a huff which made them turn to look at a very angry Avril.