27 | total eclipse

"Now remember, no looking directly at the eclipse and no losing the glasses provided" Flatley told the students as they made their way out on the school yard ready to watch an eclipse. "Blinding yourself is neither cool nor clever."

"So wait, the sun disappears for a few minutes. What's the big deal?" Scoop asked confusedly as Frank walked over to Carrie, Alex and Oscar. "It's gone for hours every night."

"Glasses Timothy" Flatley said, not having the energy to explain it to the boy. "Here we go everyone!"

"Where is Rose?" Frank asked as the eclipse started. "I though she would be the first one out here."

"Oh she was" Alex said pointing up at Rose who sat on a balcony with a telescope, "She got the best seat in the house."

They all watched as the sun disappeared and suddenly all of them went into some kind of trance. A beeping noise from Frank's communicator brought both him and Alex out of it, and they took off their glasses.

Alex leaned over to read the message he had gotten. 'Code Blue Level 3' she read and her eyes widened. "Oscar, Carrie I'm sorry but we have-" Frank started but stopped when he saw the state of everyone one the yard. "Stop looking!"

"Oscar! Carrie!" Alex shouted, trying to get them out of their daze while Frank tried to help the others. "Close your eyes! This is kind of an emergency and if you don't wake up now I will punch you" she yelled but to no avail, "Code Blue Level 3" she then yelled and they fell out of their daze.

"Level 3?" Carrie asked.

"Code blue?" Oscar added.

"Yeah, we are in a state of national emergency!" Alex finished before realising they were one man short, "Rose!" she shouted before sprinting towards her friend. She quickly ran up the stairs just as the eclipse stopped.

"What do you want? Can't you see that I'm busy?" Rose snapped angrily, throwing and slamming thing around her.

"Did you see the eclipse?" Frank asked behind her, a little breathless from the run.

"What a stupid question, of course I did" Rose sneered.

"What's going on Frank?" Oscar asked as they watched the furious girl.

"I wish I knew" Frank mumbled as Rose let out a scream of frustration. "Let's get her to HQ, quickly" he added and Alex took a step forward to grab her arm.

"Get off me!" Rose snatched her arm away from the brunette's grip.

"Rose" Alex tried to call for her.

"Where are you taking me?" Rose tried to wriggle her way out of her grasp.

"Let's just go" Alex said, pushing her towards Carrie while Rose protested. "One of you take her!"

~~~

Oscar and Carrie had a firm grip on Rose's arms as they rode down the elevator to HQ. "Get off me!" she screamed when they stepped out, kicking the closest trash can and breaking free.

"Rose calm down" Alex snapped at her, grabbing her arm only for the angry girl to slap her hand away harshly. The brunette clenched her jaw, ready to pounce on the girl when Oscar stepped between them.

Meanwhile Frank was on the phone with Stark and reading from his expression, the Chief Agent had the same problem as they did. As the three agents who were mentally there and Frank tried to figure out the problem Rose created a mess.

"Boring" Rose announced as she read through some papers, throwing them into the air.

"Frank, what's wrong with Rose?" Carrie asked worriedly. "I have never seen her like this."