19 | black hole

St Hopes was even more of a mess than usual. There was garbage everywhere and the students was running around throwing papers balls at each other.

"Look out! She's coming!" Avril screamed and everyone went silent.

"Lockers, disgusting. Walls, filthy. You boy disgusting and filthy" Mrs King said angrily. "Now listen up you lot, I'm not gonna let you treat this place like a rubbish." Her attention was then drawn to Oscar who leaned against the wall holding a ring. "Oh and that's a part of the uniform, is it now Oscar. School tie, shirt, girly ring."

"Yeah bro, just look at the rest of us" Scoop taunted and his posy laughed.

"You are next Hinklebottom" Mrs King threatened him, "Come on now, give it here."

"I was only trying-" Oscar tried to defend himself.

"Now Oscar!" Mrs King grabbed the ring, "I am confiscating this until the end of the week."

Oscar glared at her before he walked back to stand by the girls just as Mr Flatley walked in. "Ah, Mrs King. Guess what?"

"You've won the 'Who's got the stupidest grin competition'" Mrs King asked.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Alex said quietly.

"No, no a crossword competition" Flatley answered Mrs King, "And the prize is a three day trip to Honolulu starting tomorrow. Isn't exiting?"

"Mr Flatley, this school isn't fit enough for human habitation" Mrs King said calmly, "And you want to take a holiday!"

"I was thinking I could wear this on the beach" Mr Flatley held up some speedos with flowers on.

"That's a traumatising image" Alex looked disgusted and the other three nodded with equally disturbed expressions.

"Or, you can get mopping" Mrs King said and Flatley's face fell as he took the mop. "Good" Mrs King looked at the speedos in disgust before walking away.

Just as Mrs King passed the four their communicators started to buzz signalling that Frank needed them. And when they reached HQ it was complete chaos that greeted them along with some horrible music.

"Will you get over it, it's just a ring!" Carrie said in answer to Oscar's complaints about how Mrs King had taken the ring from him.

"It is not just a ring!" Oscar defended, a little angry.

"Frank, the doors are jammed again" Rose complained and the man finally turned around his chair, wearing some weird glasses,

"I know, I've been too busy working on a new Spypod upgrade" Frank informed them happily, "It remotely disables any electronic device within the range of three meters."

Carrie tested the new upgrade by shooting Frank's radio, causing the horrible music to stop. "I was listening to that" Frank said upset.

"Yeah, but really Uncle Frankie, jazz? It deserved to be zapped" Alex defended Carrie's actions.

"Only the bigger the device, the longer it takes to work" Frank explained, deciding to change the subject from his music taste.

"The Prime minister, Frank what's going on?" Oscar asked which brought the girls attention to a picture of the prime minister on the computer.

"Yes, our friend the PM. He has been burgled, a thief stole a gold statue due to be given to the Governor of Mumbai at a farewell banquet tonight" Frank explained.

"Can't he just give him socks instead" Carrie joked.

"Ah, the PM already told everyone he has got him a statue" Frank held up a news paper with the headline 'PM's gift of gold.'