08 | the glove

The agents were seated in class waiting for the school day to begin. But the weird thing this morning was that half of the students weren't in school. Meanwhile something was wrong with the electricity in the country which meant that the lamps barely worked. The only people in class was the agents, Avril, Scoop Doggy and his posy. Mrs King and Mr Flatley entered the classroom. "See" Mrs King said referring to the almost empty classroom.

"Yeah, he he" Mr Flatley laughed awkwardly. "As a special treat and.." he started to say when the lamps turned of again, "given the current crisis we have an environmental expert coming to the school today, to teach us about recycling and energy saving tactics. So hopefully by the end of the day we will all be knitting our own carrots and growing our own anoraks."

Mr Flatley laughed at his joke while Mrs King looked at him like he was an idiot. "I know all about eco-living, perhaps we can work together" Avril's hopeful voice said from the back of the classroom. Rose, Carrie and Alex may have been seated in the front row and Oscar in the back, but the empty classroom made it easy to hear everyone's conversations.

"I'm alright thanks" Oscar said and Alex turned around to see him move his chair away from Avril. Alex gave him a teasing smile and a thumbs up which made him glare at her so she turned back again.

"We will also-"Flatley started but he was interrupted by the door opening and a rather disheveled Davina walked in.

"Sorry I'm late" she said crossing her arms while the others took in her appearance, "Don't look! I couldn't get my straightener to work" she whined  before walking over to sit in the back.

"Yes, we will also have very-" Flatley tried to inform the students but he was interrupted again. This time a breathless Donovan entered the classroom almost throwing himself at the tables in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry I'm late. The Bentley is not working so I had to walk. My legs are killing me" he said trying to catch his breath.

"Eh Donovan. Don't you live opposite the school?" Mrs King asked confused by his exhaustion.

"Precisely! I need to sit down" Donovan said thinking that she understood his pain while walking over to sit next to Davina.

"We will also have various eco-challenges today. So I want to see all of you hurting yourselves into the green way of life" Mr Flatley said sniffing from his cold. "And there will be a prize for the best eco-invention."

"Hey" Rose whispered to the other two girls pointing at their communicators who buzzed. Alex rose her hand into the air.

"Yes, Alexandra?" Mrs King asked the girl.

"Frank asked me if I could help him with the electricity earlier. He needed help looking for some backup supplies for the school, could I go now?" Alex said trying to look as innocent as possible.

"Of course Alex. If Frank need any additional help you can just ask" Mr Flatley said smiling at the girl. She stood up from her seat and ran outside to the Caretaker's room, waiting for the others to join her.

"Took you long enough" she said while scanning her finger and then opening the door for the others to walk in before joining them.

When they entered HQ Frank turned around from the computers. "Rose, Carrie, Oscar I want to introduce you to Raym-" was all Frank managed to get out, because the man behind him turned around in his chair.

"RAY!" Alex screamed happily rushing over to hug him and almost tackling him in the process when she jumped into his arms.

"Hey easy there" Raymond jokes but he didn't let go of the younger girl just yet. "It's good to see you too Lessia" he said when they pulled away smiling at her.