Chapter 6

Prince Shalak P.O.V

"Brother you sent for me." I made my presence known to my brother Emida as he was dismissing some state officials from his court chamber. There are only three people in our empire who have court chambers to carry out their state duties and meetings. That is the king,queen and crown prince.
The state officials bowed to my brother and me as they left the chamber.
My brother gave me an angry look and asked me.
"My ten men trackers whom i sent them to look for your anila were all decapitated and burned,brother was that your doing? Did you have them killed?"
"No that wasnt me!" I protested avoiding direct eye contact with my angry brother.
"Dont lie to me shalak,i know you very well." My brother added.
"I told you to let me look for him but you refused to let me use shinja unit,now look at those incompetent men of yours who got themselves killed,they probably got ambushed and overpowered on their journey." I told my brother.
"Shalak look at me?" My brother said calmly. I look into his eyes thats when i realised my brother slapped me forcing my face turning sideways to my right..it itched and stung but i didnt touch my face as my brother angrily screams to me "you fool! I told you to let me handle it! I know you had my men killed by your own demon armies! How could you be so cold and heartless! Dont you value life of other people? You are obssese with killing,you smell blood brother,people are horrified by you and you went against my order! If you dont respect me as a brother then respect my title as crown prince."
"And how will i know you are going to send anila to other lands away from me when your men find him? You didnt want me to find him,you dont want me to be happy,i only did what i had to do to get anila in this palace." I calmly said to him.
"You are a monster brother! You seemed to be doing justice to your nickname the devil prince,you have been murdering people in the palace,the sex slaves even executing noble men of the empire! I just pity anila knowing is going to meet his death in your arms,i just hope you will treat him with kind when you find him and maybe will fix that cold dark soul of yours but one thing i wish is for you not to find him at all." My brother made it clear to me.
"That wish wont be granted brother.anila will be in this palace my dear crown prince."
I said giving him a predatory look and bow to him and left his chamber. Walking Down the hallways furiously from the outburst my brother gave me.
It was from my father's order that i execute the hyenas sorrounding our throne,my father used me to execute those noble men who are a disloyal to the throne,infact am even protecting my crown prince brother from this vices not everything can be set diplomaticaly and of sex slaves thats my doing,i do get my anger out on them,am aggressive by nature,am not a normal teenage seventeen teenage boy.
I sent some men in shinja unit to follow my brother's men and to kill all of them because i felt like they were going to betray me and take anila away from me. I gave them an order to kill anyone who tries to stop them from getting anila to me.

Anila P.O.V

We hurriedly walk to our village,as we get nearer we heard screams and wails of people,upon coming from the thick bush we were saw our village burning,some of the huts were on flames and people were running around maybe for safety.
"Father! Mother!" Egandi shouted running towards the village knocking some people on his way, to his father's homested,i followed him behind,people were crying and some of chief sinaa warriors were killed and in pools of blood.
As i approached the homested following egandi we saw four legged creatures like cows,i remember nowa the painter told me they are named horses used as mode of transportation.
They were many sorrounding the chief homested and some men in black cloths with iron masks covering their faces carrying swords,bows and arrows with some never seen before weapons.
One of the black warrior who seemed to be the leader came out of the hut holding the head of chief sinaa..i was horrified,egandi screamed father trying to run towards the man holding his father's head but he was met by a strong fist on his face and he fell down on the ground lifeless.
The man kicked chief sinaa's head with his foot and fell on the ground as it wet the ground with blood. I didnt feel sorry for him.
I ran to egandi to wake him up,then one of the men approached me holding a paper and said "its him,we found him." Pointing towards me and showing a copy of my potrait that nowa drew of me.
Immediately i stood up from egandi's lifeless body trying to run away sensing the danger. Turning around to run i saw someone blowing some powder stuff on my face and everything went dark.