Chapter 19

Prince Shalak P.O.V

We finaly came to the open field in the middle of the forest and now we can see koru village down the valley it was early morning before the sun hit the earth.
Emida directed some soldiers to sorround the village and wait for his command.
I looked at the little boy and asked him "Are your parents not worried of you?"
"No because i dont have parents,i work for chief bishu,am an orphan." The innocent boy said to me. I wonder how stupid and coward they are to send a young teen boy into the forest just to deliver a messege,dont they have groen men?
I gave him a pot which contains tela's ash and asked him to go and give it to his chief with a message "your gift from prince shalak,i cant wait to burn your body like tela's." The boy ran to his village carrying the pot. He seemed to be good in delivering messeges.
I observed the village,i cant wait to ravage it. This village will pay for hiding my princess anila.

Anila P.O.V

We were sitting on an erected wooden stage,with egandi sitting on his throne in the middle of it and on his sides the council of elders. The stage was sorrounded by his fearful warriors.
I was sitted at the furtherst end and the whole village came to gather around it .
When i looked up in the valley i saw shele empire soldiers sorrounded the village,some villagers were worried,they were many and the earth shook when some made their way down to our village,the sound of horse hoofs and neighs filled the air with a thick cloud of dust.
Then i saw a small boy coming forward and running to a certain warrior who led him to egandi.
He talked to egandi,i couldnt hear their talking,the boy handed over a small pot to egandi who took it.
"Your husband shalak turned tela into ash." Egandi said to me as he poured down the ash.
"What? Was tela part of this stupid plan?" I asked in shock.
"Yes my dear but too bad your husband found out and burned him." Egandi said.
The shele empire soldiers were now down in the village making their way through the crowd to where the stage is.
They were all wearing metal masks.
Three horses came forward and stopped.
Then three men came down and walked to the stage without fear till when egandi warriors pointed their spears to them signaling not to come closer to the stage.
The man in the middle pulled off his mask. It was prince emida.
"Greetings to you! Welcome my visitors,nice to see you here in our humble village." Egandi said raising his hand.
"You must be chief bishu,the ruler of this village?" Emida ignored his greetings.
"Yes am chief bishu and you must be prince shalak?"
"No am not! Am crown prince Emida and this are my brothers and prince shalak.." emida said as he looked at shalak removing his mask.
"Shalaaak!!" I shouted at him,he turned his head towards my direction noticing me,wanting to run to me but i felt a cold object besides my neck,a knife. Shalak retreated and gave egandi a killing stare.
"Let him go now! How dare you kidnap a royal member of torana dynasty?" Jala asked.
"You do know that you are going to pay with you life?" Emida said.
All the time shalak was staring at me perhaps to see from his eyes if i was okay.
"Why isnt shalak talking? Is the one whom i want the most,has he lost his speech?" Egandi laughing.
"My brother rarely talks with his enemies,he does killing most and i can assure you he is thinking of an appropriate way of killing you." Emida said.
"I want my revenge on you shalak!you had my father killed and you stole anila from me!
Am egandi the son of chief sinaa."
"Oh so you are the son of that baboon who murdered anila parents and left him an orphan?
So lets get done with this." Shalak angrily said to him.
"The winner of the fight kills the looser,the winner of the fight takes anila and the unborn child in her womb..." Egandi was saying but was interrupted by shalak.
"What do you mean? anila pregnant?" Shalak said looking at me with happy eyes. I nodded at him.
"Yesterday night i felt the greatest pleasure of being inside anila,i digged him well with my cock thats why more than ever i want to keep him too as my wife and your unborn child." Egandi said tormenting shalak with his words as he stood up.
"He violated me with love potion!" I cried out as the crowd of villagers laugh in amusement.
Shalak was furious he took out his sword and i felt again the cold knife making contact with my bare skin.
"If you tried anything stupid you will leave me with no other choice but to let my guard kill anila and your unborn child." Egandi threatening shalak with my life.
Jala and liko held shalak from burtsting further into rage.
"You will pay for this!" Shalak pointed egandi with his sword.
"I need your word that my village will come to no destruction no matter the outcome." Egandi said to shalak.
"I give you my word,we just need to take anila back home." Emida said.
"I meant shalak word and not yours." Egandi said to emida
"Well he cant because am the crown prince,i represent the crown here and whatever i say will be followed by my brothers and soldiers,am the word of shele empire." Emida said with authority. While shalak just stare at egandi.
"Lets go at the arena and settle this." Emida said with a smile.
Soon we were in a circular arena where the crowd formed around it.The sounds of drums were filling the air.
Egandi and shalak approached each other face to face.
Same height but egandi was more heavier and mascular than shalak.
They started fighting without weapons and it was unbearable to watch shalak being beaten up and thrown over. Egandi was more dominant and shalak cant match his strength. When shalak hit him with his fists it was like a scratch but when egandi hit shalak it sent him down to the ground.
The crowd loved it and cheered for egandi.
Egandi knew he was physical stronger than shalak thats why he was comfortable challenging him.
He kicked shalak under the stomach which threw him over and landed on his back vomiting blood.
"Stop it! Stop it! You are killing him!" I shouted.
Commander liku wanted to interfere but emida stopped him.
He was a man of his word bit i couldnt understand how he can stand his brother being brutaly beaten to death. Jala had a worried face while the crowd cheered louder.
Egandi laughed stretching his hands and a foot on shalak chest and shouted " is this the prince devil? Look at how damage he is? Very weak! Who knew his day will come to end like this the great prince shalak". he held shalak's head by his dreadlocks and lifted him up.
Humiliating him as the crowd cheered for egandi as he threw shalak to the ground again.
I cant believe shalak is being humiliated because of me,dying because of me.
I have never seen him weak before till today.
Shalak stood up and he was limping.
"Time to get your head off your body shalak." Egandi said as he called his soldier to throw a sword at him.
Meanwhile commander liku called shalak and threw a sword at him.
Egandi striked shalak with his sword which shalak defended the strike.
Egandi kept on attacking shalak while shalak was all doing defensive fight.
Shalak body was weak to stand egandi's brutal sword attacks.
He fell down on his knees.
"Shalak please dont leave me! I love you! Egandi dont kill him!" I screamed as egandi's guard held me in place with a knife on my neck.
Shalak look at me with his bloody face which was full of pain.
"Raise up shalak! Stand up!"jala called out.
My own body was shaking with fear watching shalak life fading away from his body.
Shalak smiled at me,was he at peace with himself dying like this? Had he given up?
Was that a goodbye?

To be continued guys.....