Chapter 16

Anila P.O.V

My eyelids felt heavy as i slowly open to see my sorroundings. My visions coming clearer to where i am.
I was in a hut made of wood,i laid in a big comfortable bed,it was a huge bed as was placed in the middle of it, i was covered in some heavy bedding cloths. I sat in the bed as i felt some dizzyness in my head while my body adjusting to my awakening,i got out of bed and saw my crown and some jewellery placed on the table nearby. I asked myself where i am and who are these people who took me here.
I stood up and walked to the door,i was scared of what is outside and how the danger i was in right now. I tried to open the door but i couldnt. It seems the door was locked from outside.
Courage slowly built in me and started knocking the door harder screaming "Help! Help! Somebody help me! Please help!..open this door!" I looked around and picked a three legged stool and hit the door with it making louder sounds. "Open this door!,somebody help." just then i heard noise from other side of the door,they were steps of people walking towards the door,i backed away,stepping back with my hands grabbing the sides of my fine tunic. The door was slowly opened.
Four warriors walked in,their bodies were painted just like the ones who attacked my royal carriage and escorts,they looked fearsome and held long spears in their hands.
Five wrinkled old men stepped inside observing me careful.
"Who are you? Where am i? Why did you kidnapped me?" I asked them with my shaky voice.
"Just know that you are inside koru forest." The bald old man said to me.
"Why did the chief bring him here? He is shalak's wife!" The grey hair old man said to his fellow old men.
"This is a mistake he is risking our lives"
This old men were talking among themselves as they were observing me.
"That devil will ravage our village."
"Our boy is big and strong and he will put an end to that devil prince for good."
"Wait shalak is coming here?" I asked the five elder men.
"Yes,our chief has issue an honarable challenge to him,he is going to fight him to death!"
"You call that honarable? That is cowardice and dispeakable act! How can that chief of yours kidnapped me?" I shout to them in anger approaching the elder men so that i can pass through them to outside.
Two of the warriors quickly stepped infront of me,gripping both of my arms holding me in place. "Let go of me! Let go of me please! Let go!" I screamed to them. Then remembering how back when i was in my home village the warriors of chief sinaa held me this way when the chief killed my mother,i never even saw my mother buried, that painful memory..i started feeling like something is being sucked out of my stomach through my mouth,its like my body was giving out unwanted thing inside my body,i realized i was vomiting. "Let meeee goooooo...lee meee gooo." I said with a weak voice as my strength fades fast leaving out of my body.
I felt dizzness and everything was going dark.
Just before closing my eyes i heard one of the elders shouting "bring the healer now!"

Prince Shalak P.O.V

My brothers and i were apart of five thousand men marching towards koru forest.
We decided to take a large army because we dont know whats in store for us,my enemy could put some tricks on us.
How could he even kidnap my princess? My anila is fragile. My mind was going crazy.
"Cant we go faster?!" I screamed at the soldiers infront of me.
"Shalak! We should be careful and not going faster into a death trap." Emida who rode a horse besides me said.
"Brother be patient all we know is that they are holding anila hostage for a fight with you." Jala added.
Tears were streaming out of my eyes,as the wind that was blowing dries it immediately,maybe mother nature doesnt want me to cry i thought. I look vulnerable and hurt,emida and jala have been keeping close eyes to me not to do anything stupid.
Since it was getting dark we decided to camp at the edge of the forest and next day to go through it.
We set up our camps,we were sitting on our royal stools by the fire with my brothers roasting meat.
The nightsky was clear and could count the stars to infinity.
Just then six men approached us with commander liko.
Liko is a very strong fearless man,he has been fighting by my side ever since we were young,his family has dedicated their life in the army,meaning their lineage has been the backbone of shele empire army.
The men in their family are talented fighters. I have strong bond with liko.
"Your higness prince emida,prince jala and prince shalak." The bowed greeting us and emida raised his hand as a go ahead to talk.
The six men were specialised trackers whom we sent to search into the forest where our enemies are located.
"Your highness we have found the village where our enemies live,its in the middle of the forest.
Its in a valley with a stream running through it.
The village population is about five hundred people and its governed by chief Bishi with the help of his council of elders,if we leave tomorrow at dawn it will take a whole day to reach there but your highness their warriors are known to be fearless." One of the trackers said.
"I hope they are fearless to face a devil then." I said with a wicked smile as emida glare at me not approving with what was going on my mind.
He knows my mind has gone dark now,he knows that wicked smile is death.
"Anything else?" Jala asked the trackers.
"No your highness."
Emida dismisses them.
The trackers left as liko escorted them out.
"Before tomorrow brothers just know that i love both of you much,please take care of anila if anything goes to my enemies favour." I said in a calmed tone.
"What is this brother? what are you talking about?" Emida stood up angry looking at me.
"Why are you giving us your death will? Its like you are saying goodbye to us,stop it! You will win!" Jala said putting an arm on my shoulder comforting me.
"In a warrior's mind in war,there are two graves,one for his and one for his enemies,i might end up dead brother just be prepared." I said to jala.
"Come here brothers!"
Emida called us to stand by him close by the fire which was burning chopped tree logs.
"We have the biggest army,we wont allow our enemy to bring us down,promise me you wont repeat that death will to us brother" emida voice grew strongly.
I nodded in agreement.
I pulled a short knife from my waistband," i want us to take an oath brothers,if i win the fight you will support my next decision." I said cutting my index finger as it bleeds red with blood.
"I promise,you are my brother." Jala said took my knife and made a cut on his index finger too.
Emida was hesitant.
"Jala! Do you know what shalak means? Are you going to watch his anger loose control?" Emida said with concerned in his face.
"He is our brother emida,shalak needs our unconditional blood support,its the consequence of their actions." Jala said.
Emida stared at both of us.
"Yes! I promise by blood i will support you decision." Jala said cutting his index finger too.
We joined our index fingers together so that the blood can mix together then we licked each other index finger to signifies our oath fulfilment.
"Fire" i whispered.