Chapter 20

Prince shalak P.O.V

I kept on hearing familiar voices calling me,they were waking me up from my wounded exhausted weak body. Jala and Anila screams were so loud than the rest of crowd. Emida was just staring me with keen eyes perhaps to give me the impression that he has seen this before,i have been here before in many battles and came up as the winner,a symbol of hope from emida.
I looked back at Anila my love who carries my unborn child,i smiled to the sudden strength i drew from his presence.
I know my opponent is stronger than me but slower than me. So i got to move faster and strike like a lightining. I have to move like a devil.
I picked up my sword and raised my head up to egandi.
"Is that all you got you dog?" I said to him.
Before he replied i striked his right leg with my sword,he screamed in pain and i striked his back several times with my sword,i was glad to see blood coming out of his body. I striked again on his both thighs.
He struggled to get on his feet but the damage on his legs were severe.
I licked egandi's blood with my tongue on my sword and look deep in his eyes and gave him a wicked smile.
"Your blood taste good and would love to draw more of it from your body."
For the first time i saw fear in his eyes then he changed to a brave look on his face.
He striked me with his sword but i was moving faster so that before his sword fell on me i already did the striking on his chest,i was basicaly mutilating his body and he grew weaker by the time.
Instead of sweat his body was covered by his red blood and the whole village which was cheering him were silent now sobing,wailing to their weak leader who is at my mercy now.
I made sure to cut some of his blood vessels and inflict him with pain.
Egandi fell on his knees,just then a boy came running towards egandi. Egandi screamed in pain as he pushed the little boy away with his arm,the boy fell on his back."thats for my parents you murder!" I looked at the little boy and i recognised him. He is bibo,the messenger boy.
I understood now the reason is orphan is because egandi killed his parents.
"How dare you attack me?" Egandi shouted at the boy.
Bibo had stabbed egandi with a knife through his stomach and left the knife in him.
Egandi warriors pounced on poor bibo and commander liku quickly acted in a moment by pulling bibo to his sides and egandi warriors were blocked by our soldiers.
I dont know why liku saved him,perhaps he has develop some affection of him.
Emida didnt utter a word.
"Dont worry bibo,i will carry the revenge on your behalf too,liku give me the chain." I said as i move circular around egandi,showing him am the predator and i won the fight.
Liku directed a soldier and handed me a metal chain.
I chained his hands and neck.
The warriors on seeng that they freed anila who ran to jalas arms.
I dragged egandi to a soily path back to the stage where his throne is.
I was embarrasing and humiliating him.This fool nearly killed me and threaten my family.
I pushed him on his seat the throne and chained him there.
The soldiers who sorrounded the city came closer forcing people to come closer before the stage.
"Brother what are you doing? You won just kill him and lets leave this place." Emida said to me.
"Do you remember the promise?" I asked emida.
"No no brother please have mercy on these poor people they are innocent." Emida said in a pleading way.
"They cheered my suffering pain as egandi beat me up,they endagered my anila and unborn child and threaten our monarch,they will all be punished brother,please take anila and jala away because its going to be more bloody." I said to emida who had horrified look and cant utter a word.
"Shalak shalak.." i heard anila calling me as emida pulled him away. Emida took jala and anila away from the village.
I stood firm at the stage cleared my throat and said.
"Villagers of koru as you well know my name is prince shalak,you and your pathetic leader commited a sin against our monarch and you even cheer for my death..."
"Wait shalak you promised... you will not hurt my village people,am responsible,kill me and not them,its was an honarable challenge,own it." egandi said in pain.
I turned towards him walked to him.
"There was no honarability in that! If you want a challenge you would have made the challenge directly at me,send it even but not kidnapping my wife and endagering my unborn child,you even violated my wife. You are a coward and you will all pay for this." I softly said to egandi.
I signalled my soldiers to continue making the circle around the villagers smaller,the villagers started screaming and wailing,i could hear women and children crying.
"Dear koru villagers,your beloved chief once asked if am the devil prince,well you have your answer." I said.
"Shalak please they are innocent dont hurt my villagers." Egandi cried.
" You will be punished koru villagers for assisting your leader in kidnapping and trying to murder a member of torana royal dynasty...this will serve as an example in future to anyone who dares to repeat this act to our dynasty. I sentenced you all to death." I said to them as the villagers began to cry  causing commotion trying to escape the human walls built by my soldiers.
"Now egandi look how your stupidity has cost your village,see the cloud of death you brought onto them,you will witness their lives taken away,their cries and blood bring swallowed by earth and when you meet them on the other side they will still blame you for bringing destruction to them." I said.
"You are evil! Dont you pity children and women in there? How could you? You are devil incarnation!" Egandi shouted at me.
"Did you pity them before planning to kill me?" I asked and look at commander liku and noded to him.
"Soldiers attack leave no life alive!" Liku commanded.
The soldiers started striking the villagers with their weapons randomly killing them,swords,arrows,spears pierced through their bodies with no mercy or hesitation.
While i watched them being devoured by my soldiers.
Egandi was crying "noooo!noooo! pleaaseee! Shaalaak stop it! Stoooop!!" He cried loudly as my soldiers slaughtered all his villagers. I had planned their death days before so everthing was going systematic just as how i planned to be.
Some soldiers appeared carrying firewoods and logs of trees and place them around the stage where i stood and egandi sitted on his throne.
"You mad man what are you doing?" Egandi cried.
"The least i can do is giving you a befitting gift of a leader." I said to him with a smile.
I walked out and step down on stage and the soldiers continue piling alot of woods around the stage. I motioned my soldiers to take all the dead bodies up on stage around his stage and down,it was a hill of dead bodies.
I then walked over the dead bodies towards him.
"Dont you even have respect for the dead? Your mother should not have given birth to a dark soul as you!" Egandi said and spit on my face. I wiped my face with my hand.
I leaned forwad to him pull out bibo's  knife out of his body,he screamed in pain then i striked in the middle of his chest pulling the knife to his upper side,ripping his skin apart as he was screaming in pain.
"Am giving you a spectacular death." I said to him laughing as i walked down away from the stage as my soldiers spill oil on the dead bodies and wooden logs.
Commander liku handed me a wooden torch and i light up fire burning all the dead bodies and  egandi in it as he was screaming from the pain of flames on his body.
I made sure egandi was dead then i burned all the village huts down,everything,i wiped all the village from the face of the earth.
I and my soldiers ride off with our horses away from the koru wasted village. I looked back at the destruction behind me.
I know am not immortal and one day i will meet my death too. I
Live by a sword and die by a sword.