Chapter 17

Anila P.O.V

I woke up to find a giant figure sitting on a stool by the side of the bed with his muscular arms resting on his powerful thighs.
He had a cold smile. I reacted by moving away from him to the furthest side of the bed close to the wooden wall grabbing the beddings close to my heart.I was scared and terrified of this gigantic man.
He stood up and my heart began to beat at a faster rate as i breathe heavily. He observed me then walked back to the door and opened it then talk to some people who were outside,i couldnt hear what they were talking about.
He came back with the same five old looking men who came to see me earlier before i fainted.
"He is awake now." One of the old man said.
The gigantic man came and sat down again on the stool.
"My name is chief bishi and these are my council of elders,am sorry  that we had to kidnap you inorder to have full attention of your husband shalak. But its the only way to force him to accept the honarable fight with him." Chief bishi said to me.
His voice sounds familiar and fear of him inside me started to fade away. I had a good look on his face,it was familiar too,it striked me he was handsome young man of my age. I couldnt tell but his eyes tells me that i know him.
"Why do you seem familiar to me? Have we met before? And how do you even call this honarable by kidnaping an innocent person? You coward!"
I angrily shouted at him.
"Have some manners young one, careful with your words.you are before a respectable council of elders and you are talking to our chief the ruler of koru village." One of the elder sternly said to me as a warning but i gave them i disgusted look.
"So outside of this hut is a village of people ruled by you?" I asked chief bishi who just noded to me in agreement as he stared down at me.
"So you and your wise council came up with this beautiful plan of kidnaping me so that you could bring shalak here? You fools! He is going to massacre all of this village,didnt you ever thought of your own people,mothers,children?" I said to them.
"That is if he will win the fight,you think your husband that devil is the only warrior on this planet? He is not a god! He is human,he bleeds like us. Do you know how many lives he has taken? How much destruction he has caused? How could you even marry such a demon? How do you even sleep beside him knowing how he loves drowning himself in blood?." Chief bishi said to me.
"Then you should have known better of not kidnapping me and try to lure shalak into your own village inviting your own death." I said to him.
"Mmh you have changed alot anila,you were once an innocent,loving boy back in our village gogo,i loved looking deep into your eyes and felt the innocense in you but now i see that torana dynasty has corrupted your innocense,you are a royal now,like them,princess of shele empire." chief bishi said to me as confusion took over me.
Thats when i came to realize chief bishi is Egandi,my long lost friend who wanted me to be his wife.
"Egandi! Egandi is this you!" I said pointing to him as i came closer to him lookin at his face pulling a warm smile.
He raised his hand to signal the elder men to leave the hut.
"Yes its me my beautiful one" egandi replied still having that familiar smile.
"By gods you look big and strong,you are a giant now." Egandi held side of my face with his warm hand. The safeness i felt when am with him. Egandi leaned forward wanting to kiss my lips, "am sorry,this is not right egandi i belong to shalak now we are married." I softly said to him pulling my face from his soft holding,his face changed to sadness and hurtful of my rejection.
"You quickly forgot about me,you never tried to love me,i loved you so much,i cried loosing you and my father. That husband of yours murdered my father in most horrible way,i hoped you will come to love me." Egandi said.
"Egandi i can talk to shalak to forgive you and that you regret your mistake,i will think of anything to protect you." I said to him.
Egandi looked at me as if i was saying a joke.
"I see your love for him has blinded your right senses,do you even know what your are talking? Shalak will be the one asking for forgiveness before i kill him." Egandi angrily said to me.
"Furthermore he has much to loose since you are pregnant of him now." Pointing at my stomach.
" What sort of a joke is that egandi am trying to be serious to you." I said dismissing his words.
"You earlier fainted and vomited because you were pregnant with a month old baby,our healers and midwives confirmed it,so guess what i will have more bargaining power to bring down shalak." Egandi said with a cold smile.
"No not my child,egandi you cant do this." I cried to him holding my stomach.
I was happy am pregnant but at the same time scared of future.
Egandi stood up "i will come back in the evening" he said as he left leaving me coming to terms with my pregnancy.

Prince shalak P.O.V

As we made our way through the thick forest,my mind kept on thinking of my anila and who is this chief bishi who dared kidnapped my princess,my mind was thinking of hundred ways of killing him.
Just then a teen boy wearing only leather loincloth appeared before us,i think he was hiding behind the green bush,commander liko approached him careful cautious of traps and asked.
"Who are you and what are you doing here boy." Liko asked
"My name is bibo and I have a message for you." The boy confidently said to liko.
"What messege and who sent you?" Liko asked the boy.
"Chief bishi said that your wife princess anila is one month pregnant,no harm will be done to her and the unborn child if prince shalak will not cause harm to koru village,if the fight will be between you and him only." The boy said.
Liko looked at me.
"Cut off his finger and let him run back to his village crying as a messege that everyone will weep." I said to liko who looked shocked at my words as the boy was having teary eyes from my harsh words.
"Shalak! Whats wrong with you?
We dont kill or harm messengers! And look he is just a boy! Where are your senses?" Emida angrily asked me without expecting me to reply him.
"Liku take the boy we are riding with him to his village." Emida instructed commander liku.