Love

The next three days went in jiffy.

Monday

Kathir woke early as usual at 6am, he gets ready and goes to the school by 6:40am.

It's time for her van to come by anytime, he waits at the bus stop for her arrival.

When the van arrives he goes to the entrance to receive her, he saw her walking towards him with slight smile on her lips.

It's still dark around the school, the sun haven't said hello to this side of the world. When she neared him, "Mulla..." it was more like a whisper. "Bby." she hold his pinky finger. As her tiny hand grasps and hold his finger, he can't help it but smile at her innocence. They went and sat at the bus stop.

His left hand caress her right cheek, how come her mom could slap this tiny innocent angel? Doesn't she look cute with her innocent speak eyes? If that slap was for him, he would have receive it wholeheartedly but she doesn't deserve that. "Amma aniki inghe aranjangele?" There was a disappointment in his voice.

She hold his hand firmly, "Appavum."

He sat there wide eyed, if seeing her mom slap her is a slow torture to death, hearing her dad slapping her killed him on the spot. "Yen papa? Vitle enna than nadethechene solle papà?"

She tell him clearly what happened when she goes to her house and later that night talk with her dad.

He teared listening to this. Why should he whack this girl? He know she is daddy's princes, he have more rights on her, but whacking a girl, and some more this particular angel he couldn't digest it. "Enne manichire ma, nan apdi ulle kutite pogame iruntheretha ithelam nadetherekathe, ennale satiyama nadenthethe ethevum etheke mudile."

But deep inside he thought to himself, her dad is such a gentleman. He loves and trusts his daughter, even after the unsettling chaos. If he didn't whack her, maybe her mama or chitapa would have, so he decided to do it by himself. Maybe he have his own reason that he don't wish to reveal it why.

"tch ithe ethuvum terinje nadekele, alathinghe." She wipe his tears.

"Nambe inime epothum pole pese mudiyathe papà, teachers ellarum mithe prefects kitte solli parke solevanghe, inime nan ipdi sikirem varen, konje neram pesuvom aprom ulle poita pese venam. Konje naal apdiye pogetum atheke aprom elarum marentherevanghe." He explains her.

"Ceri bby, aana enale unghe kitte pesame iruke mudiyumane terile, mudiyathe irunthalum try pandren.

"Ceri. Unn phone enghe di? Aniki nee appa number lerthe than message panne.

"Appa... phone eh odaichitaru bby." She sad because it's her first mobile gifted by her dad for her birthday.

"Konje naal pogetum ma, aprom vangikilanm."

"Ceri bby, velichema agethe parenghe vanghe ulle povom." She pulls him to the assembly. That's when he saw the marks on her hands and the cheek.

"Ma inghe enne paaru." He examine her cheek and her hand. "Enama ipdi iruke, marenthe potiya?" He was more broken to see the wound on her, is still visible after some days so her dad have beat her so hard.