Chapter 3 - The Valley of The Goddess

"Come, Chi," said Nuwa, beckoning Chi to follow her into the cave. They trod through inside the cave with the dark tunnel before them, leaving the bright area behind. Instead of rocky ground, the path was rather smooth since Nuwa had trodden on for ages. As they moved on, the tunnel got darker. The cavern was much like a starless night except with a small bright circle before them. The circle became more prominent as they walked forward. When the circle was big enough, it revealed the scenery of another forest.

Chi and Nuwa came out from the opposite end of the tunnel. Before them, a beautiful forest even more beautiful than the woods they had seen before they entered the tunnel. Along the path, leaves painted in hues of red and yellow. The place felt like a paradise for her. Whenever the breeze blew, Chi could hear whistling music played in vocals Chi had never heard. She browsed around as she walked. The vocals came from bamboo trees, trees with holes and holey rocks. Dews from tips of the leaves dripped onto puddles, producing rhythmic tip-tap sounds. The music was so tranquil that she had a feeling to live here forever.

"Sister Nuwa," said Chi. "This place is so peaceful, and the music so soothing. Me wonder what is the music called?"

"It's called the music of nature."

"Music of nature?" Nuwa's answer had invoked Chi's curiosity that she raised her brows.

"Yes, Chi. You must have already heard the music of Cyaian?"

"Yes." At that moment, Chi could think of leather drum and dragonhead horn which she had heard in Igniswing.

"The music of Cyaians," said Nuwa. "Was produced when air vibrates inside a musical instrument. Drum and flute. When the air moves inside a flute, different openings when close will produces different rhythms. The music of nature was produced when the air vibrates inside nature things. You can hear music whenever the wind blows through hollowed trunks and holey rocks. The vibration produces sound and our ears interpret the rhythmic sound as music."

"Looks like the music of nature is melodious of all pieces of music," said Chi.

"Not really, Chi. You haven't listened to the music of heaven yet."

"The music of heaven?" said Chi. "How does the music of heaven sound like?"

"Well, the music of heaven is not without any sound. When the air we breathe in, it vibrates and produces sound. But the sound is too subtle to be captured by ears. So, it can't be listened and could only be felt by our heart."

Chi wondered if the music of Cyaians and the nature were produced when air flowed and vibrated through the hollow opening, then what would the music of heaven sounded like when the air flowed into herself.

They stopped by a big stone which was as tall as Nuwa. The stone had an inscription written in an ancient ideogram which Chi had never seen. Thus, Nuwa read it aloud for Chi.

The valley spirit never dies,

It's called the mystic goddess;

The portal of the mystic goddess,

It's the root of the universe;

Within you, the portal exists,

Though its' energy is limitless.

"The mystic goddess must be Sister Nuwa," said Chi with great certainty. "And this place must be the root of the Universe."

Nuwa shook her head, and this puzzled Chi even more. "It does actually hint something rather vague and abstract."

"But what about the third sentence?" said Chi.

"The first and the second do tell you about that abstract thing. The third describes its' limitless properties."