Chapter 20 - True Treasure from Within

Lord Xin looked disgusted when she was facing Benevence. "You are a great actor! It's no wonder one could see through you for a very long time!"

"Is it a compliment or mocking?" Benevence smirked. "Lord Xin, I know you're smart. How about if you help me to retrieve the treasures of Draven? I would spare you and grant you a great title."

"You must be thinking I'm a fool," said Lord Xin as she swung her sword hard at Benevence. "Nobody would share his hard-earned world with someone else."

Benevence countered the sword without much difficulty and directed his sword back to Lord Xin. She raised her palm and with her force, she shoved Benevence away.

Benevence was pushed back several feet and was unexpected to see that she had power like those of Ziwo Amo. But it did not cause fear in Benevence, and he leapt toward Lord Xin at high speed. Ziwo jumped into action with his palms raised, targeting Benevence and he swung his sword to deflect Ziwo's attack. Lord Xin and Ziwo fought several rounds with Benevence, and Benevence seemed was in the losing side.

Without any warning, Benevence shoved sands to ward Lord Xin as she covered herself from the debris. Seizing the chance, Benevence spun himself like a drill, whirling blades toward Xin... Ziwo was quick to push Xin out of the way, but it was too late. Benevence had sliced through Xin's abdomen.

Chi and her friends gasped when they saw Vera had been attacked.

Xin shrieked in pain and was about to fall, but Ziwo managed to hold her in his arms. He was relieved that the wound on Xin wasn't deep. As Ziwo held Lady Xin in his arm, he looked into her eyes. Which then, their eyes glinted with tears.

"I'm sorry, Ziwo," said Xin. "I had no other choice to make. I had to oust you from the Solluna... that's for the sake of Solluna... Please forgive me... Ziwo..."

"It's alright, Vera," said Ziwo as he leapt away from Benevence and placed her as gentle as he could on the ground. He pressed some acupuncture points on Xin's body to stop her blood from flowing.

Once Ziwo had finished aiding Vera, he stood and swivelled to Benevence. "Luckily, Xin's wound isn't deep. Otherwise, I will make you suffer that you wish yourself death!"

Benevence seemed to have no regret in injuring Lady Xin and he showed no fear when confronting Ziwo when he gave Ziwo a broad simper. "Well, you guys with petty mindset would not even comprehend the big dream..."

"How many more you wish to kill to fulfil your dream, Fax Benevence? Hadn't you had enough? Jing Myst'wing, Vertucour Imperiare, Yexin Bobo, Rouge Ti..."

Chi was shocked to hear her papa's name; her shock doubled when she heard Rouge Ti was mentioned. She took slow steps toward Ziwo. Her friends noticed her and gave way to her; Ziwo and Benevence turned to Chi when they saw her coming.

"Sir Amo," said Chi. "What is my papa have to do with Benevence? And Chief Rouge too?"

"You know, the fight between your papa and Rouge Ti was instigated by him, Fax Benevence! Your papa's death was caused by him!" said Ziwo, pointing to her father's killer. "When he failed to instigate Rouge Ti and me, he decided to do it himself. Your papa was killed by this the benevolent lord... or hypocrite lord!"

All the sudden revelation brought a horror atmosphere in the tomb. Chi was unable to fathom the truth of her father's demise. With glittering eyes of tears, she turned to Benevence. "Why did you... do it... why?"

"Chi? Isn't that obvious?" said Benevence. "I expected you to understand but, never mind. It's is for the unified rule and peace in the Eastern Land. Too many tribes, too many warlords ruling the land. There is no single rule. It has to be done, Chi. Finally, peace and unity brought would justify my actions."