Chapter 19 - The Race for the Legendary Weapons

Several days of the journey seemed smooth for the group of eight warriors. There was no way for Benevence to figure out the hint of the two treasure pieces. Invicta Draven may have made such cryptic riddle to prevent anyone from laying hands on his weapons.

"Invicta Draven had two weapons," said Chi when she was taking rest with the group. "The sword, Heaven's Grace and the sabre, Dragon's Rage. The sword is gentle in nature, and the sabre is indeed fiercer. Neither the sword nor the sabre is stronger, but in fact, they are complementing one another. That is the principle of yin and yang. This was what Sister Nuwa told me."

"It seems similar," said Zhanshi as he turned to Sunu. "Similar to what Mistress Myst'wing had said about dragon conquering skill. Everything should exist in perfect harmony, balance."

Sunu replied with her smile and said, "the Universe always in the perfect balance. So shall we."

The Sol had travelled through the sky for several days already when the heroes reached the entrance cavern of Nuwa's Sanctuary. As they about to enter the cave, a swoosh of dagger flew passed and landed on a tree's trunk. They turned their back to look and got petrified.

It was Benevence, with his warriors. And among his warriors, they saw a lady in red dress – Lord Xin. She was looking grave; it could be that she was forced to get involved.

"So," said Benevence. "This is the entrance to Invicta Draven's tomb?"

Chi and her friends were horrified. Of course, Benevence couldn't have figured it out. Still, they in fact without their knowledge had led Benevence and his no-good Warriors of Benevolence to desecrated Nuwa's Sanctuary and the tomb of Invicta Draven. All the time, Benevence had followed them in secret. How could they not have realised it?

"You cannot enter Sister Nuwa's Sanctuary!" Chi went to stand between Benevence and the sanctuary's entrance.

"What can you do to stop us?" said Benevence as his warriors drew out their weapons. All of the weapons have been imbued by ignium.

Sunu and Chi were started; once the sacred metal of Igniswing, now was a common metal for weaponry. A thought of Chi's redragon friend came to her mind. Fear that he might be in danger made Chi asked, "Is Emberfist alright?"

But Benevence was quiet, ignoring Chi's irrelevant question. Thus, Chi turned around to seek the answer from the warriors. Only Lord Xin replied, "Emberfist is alright. So are the Igniswing tribe. He fought hard to protect Igniswing."

Thank goodness. Emberfist had done well to protect the redragons. It would so hard for him to choose between the allegiance to Benevence and the sake of Igniswing.

"Now back off, Lady Myst'wing," said Benevence. "I do not want to hurt you!"

"You will never stand a chance against me," said Chi. "Or Sister Nuwa."

"Or with us!" Zhanshi, Vincere and Zhu Ming went to stand beside Chi. Only Sunu, Ziwo, Violetia and Mirai still stood at where they were.

"Back off," said Benevence.

But Chi was unmoved.

"Chi, and all of you," said Sunu, "It's dangerous. Come back here."

"Don't worry," said Chi. "Papa will protect me like he always does."

"It's not like this," said Sunu. "Don't ever find trouble. Come back here, Chi, and all of you."

Still, neither Chi, Zhanshi, Vincere nor Zhu Ming had moved a muscle.

"I'm giving you all one last chance," said Benevence.

"No," said Sunu. "Come back here at once!" The intensity of her voice could show how tense the situation was. "Sister Nuwa can handle..." Before Sunu could finish her sentence...