Chapter 14 - Between Blood and Aspiration

"Violetia-dear."

A voice sounded so harsh and loud that made Chi and Violetia jumped. They turned and saw Lord Amo, with his guards stood at his sides.

"Capture them!" Lord Amo instructed his guards.

"I'm sorry papa," said Violetia, seeing the guards moving toward Chi. When the guard came near to Chi, she had her reflexes by pushing the guards away.

Lord Amo wasn't surprised. He had expected some resistant, and he raised his hand...

Chi felt became so light that she had levitated from the ground. She was like an object being summoned to Ziwo's palm as she struggled to resist. The feeling of pressure was building in her body that she moaned...

"What do you want to steal, Chi?" said Lord Amo, setting his deadly gaze on Chi.

"No, papa, please don't! Chi is my friend!" Violetia begged, but her papa ignored her.

"Ahhhh!

Chi let out a blood-curdling shriek. The pressure was so acute that Chi felt it so excruciating. Her body quivered as tears flowed from her eyes. Her body was so hot that she sweated. The extreme pain and heat made her felt she was out of her body. She mustered the only strength she still had to say, "me... Chi Myst'wing... Jing Myst'wing... my papa..."

What her mama said was true. At the mention of her papa, the pain now had become tolerable that it soon subsided.

"Papa... please stop!" Violetia's voice was muffled by her tears.

Lord Amo compelled not because of Violetia but of Chi's papa, and he stopped his attack on Chi that he dropped his hand.

Chi was still feeling numb and pain that she didn't feel she had dropped on the ground. She could hardly move. All she could do was regulating her deep breathing to restore her energy.

"Chi, are you alright?" Violetia had come to Chi, pulling her up. "I'm sorry what my papa had done to you."

"Put her in the dungeon!" Now Lord Amo's guard could get hold of Chi without any resistant. Chi had no more strength even to stand that she was being dragged all along the way to the dungeon. And she was being flung into one of the cells. Now that she had the strength to sit, she rested her back on the cold stone wall.

"Chi, are you alright?"

Chi turned her head and saw Zhanshi and Vincere. They were in another cell and their faces had been reverted to their original faces. It looked that Violetia's spell had worn off.

"Me... alright," said Chi. She still had her breathing deep and slow.

"Oh dear, did Lord Amo used his pressure skill on you?" said Zhanshi.

"Yes," said Chi as she heard a terrified gasped from Zhanshi. "Luckily, he stopped when me mentioned my papa."

"Thank goodness," said Zhanshi. "For me, I would have died if not for Vera and Violetia."

"We were being spotted before we could enter the treasure vault," said Vincere. "And we were being thrown here. But how?"

"Me think it was Lady Xin," said Chi. "Me saw her had a glance of you two."

"Bad luck," said Vincere. "She's smart."

"And crafty," said Zhanshi.

"Zhanshi," said Chi. "What had happened between you and Lady Xin? When we met her in the palace, you seemed cold to her."

"This is an important conversation right now?" said Zhanshi.

"Right. Now, we should think how to get out," said Chi, as she scanned around the dim dungeon for anything that may be useful.