Chapter 5- Quality Time

^ Those are literally the best pictures of them together 😊

-(y/n) POV-

After hanging out with Dally a little longer I decided to go see Sodapop at the DX. It's been a while since we've hung out together as brother and sister, and now that I think about it, I haven't hung out with any of my brothers in a while. It took me a few minutes to get there, but eventually made it to the gas station. Soda was behind the counter looking down at a piece of paper in his hand. " Whatcha lookin' at stranger?" he jumped in his seat and chuckled after seeing me. " Just some old letter from Sandy '' I sighed thinking of that two timing bitch. " Listen Soda, don't think about her right now" he looked up at me shrugging his shoulders. " I try not to sis, I really do, but she makes it so damn hard" god he really loved her. "I know Soda" I looked down at the counter and saw a paper that caught my interest. " The DX is hiring?" I broke Soda out of his train of thought " Yeah why?" An idea popped into my head and I smiled down at Soda. " Why don't I start working here?" he looked at me like I was crazy " I don't know (y/n/n)..." time to beg " Please pepsi-cola, it would be a great opportunity for us to hang out more, it could also help me stay out of trouble," yeah right " And it could also help pay for all of our financial business at home better." I could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he thought of this. " C'mon Sodapop, me getting a job here would be great" he rubbed his temples in frustration " I'll have to deal with both you and Steve.." my eyes lit up like a christmas tree. " Does that mean you'll let me start working here with you?" I stuck out my bottom lip and gave him the best puppy eyes I could muster. " Yeah yeah whatever I'll talk to the boss about it" I jumped over the counter and gave him a big hug. " Thanks Soda!!" he hugged me back and then went to stand up. " I'm on break now, do you wanna go do something together while I got the time?" I nodded my head in excitement. I'm going to spend some time with my big brother!

*** Time-Skip***

Soda had to get back to work, so I thought I would go find Pony and spend an hour or so with him until met up with Dally. " Hey Pony!" he looked over to me. " Hey sis, what are ya doing?" he asked as I plopped down on the couch next to him, looking over at the pictures I had taken of him, Soda, and Darry at the beginning of the year." I was coming to find you. I wanted to hang out since we haven't done that in a while" Pony smiled and grabbed my hand " Let's go then!" I laughed as he dragged me out the front door. " Where are we going, Pone?" he just shrugged and continued walking. " How about we go to the park" I just nodded in agreement, letting my baby brother pull me down the street. It didn't take too long to get to the park so we still had plenty of time to hang out. We sat on the swings laughing and talking to each other, remembering when we were younger. " (y/n), can I ask you something? Well, two things, actually" I just nodded my head while slightly rocking back and forth on the swing. " Why is Darry so hard on us all the time and not Soda?" This question completely caught me off guard "Gee, I don't know Pony. I guess that's just his way of showing us that he loves. As strange as it sounds you'll understand what I mean someday. Just don't try and understand the way I did; getting arrested with Dally and all," I smiled ruffling his hair and kissing his head. " What was that second question you had for me now?" just by the look on his face I knew exactly what he was going to ask, but I held my tongue praying he wouldn't....

" Do you like Dally?" I could feel my face heating up. " Pony that's ridiculous, where the hell did you get that idea from?" he smirked triumphantly knowing he had hit a nerve good. " You're always hanging out with him, your eyes light up when get him to do something that no one else can get him to do, you smile more when you see him walk through the front door, and you were staring at him a really long time yesterday after he said him and Sylvia were done for good, I could honestly go on'' oh god, he's right. " I get what you're saying Pony, but I still don't think I like him" yeah, I definitely do. Pony just shrugged his shoulders. " C'mon we have to go meet up with Johnny and the love of your life before we're late," it took me a minute to realize what he had called Dally, and when I did he was already running down the road laughing at me.  

Sorry for any spelling mistakes! Stay gold lovelies💛