Chapter 12. Home

Not only was I excited as hell to be back home, but I was even more excited for the rumble that I knew was only 3 days away. Being almost completely healed was a miracle that I just couldn't be more happy about, and today Soda was gonna drive down to the hospital to get me and Johnny since Dally was let out a few weeks before we were. Getting out of my bed I walked down the hall to Johnny's room and lightly knocked on the door "Hey, Johnnykid, you almost ready?" Johnny looked up at me and smiled " Yeah I'm 'bout ready to get out of here for good, I ain't never wanna come back." I could tell what he said was true, as much as he hated it back with his parents I think he hated it here just as much.

"(Y/n), are you excited to get back home?" A smile broke its way onto my face " Of course I am, and I'm even more excited to cause trouble again" Johnny smirked "You mean cause trouble with Dally again" he said this more of a statement then a question, because he knew it was true. We had grown really close the past few weeks it had just been me and him in the hospital. He knew what I was thinking and when I was lying, hell, Johnny could tell something was wrong with me before I even walked in the room, so he most certainly knew when I was in love with someone. Even as I looked at Johnny's smug little face I knew that he meant well "Kid, wipe that smug little smirk off your face before I do it for you, and let's go down to the front desk to leave."   

***TIME SKIP****

The lady at the front desk was a bitch, and wouldn't let Sodapop take Johnny and I from the hospital because he "had no proof" that we were related, which I think is a pile of cow shit. Long story short, we had to wait at least an hour that way Darry could get there and show the woman the papers saying I was related to them and that we also had permission to take Johnny from the hospital too. "Sodaaaaaaaa are we there yetttttttttttttttttttttttt" he only turned his head to glare at me " Does it look like we're there yet, (y/n/n)?" I shook my head no and looked out the window of the truck for the rest of the ride.

The whole gang was in the front yard patiently waiting for us to get home. Darry and Pony were sitting on the porch talking, Steve was eating a piece of cake and sitting on the hood of some car that Dally probably stole, Two-bit was drinking a beer and talking to Steve, and Dally was just standing there looking at the road and scanning the area.
As soon as we pulled up to the house I swung open the door to the truck and jumped out as fast as my legs could carry me. " I'M BACK BITCHESSSSSS" Darry gave me a stern look but hugged me nonetheless. Then of course Steve, Two-bit, and Pony came barreling over to Johnny and I to give us hugs and ask a million questions. " I'm glad your home (y/n)" Pony buried his head into my shoulder and gave me one last hug before nudging my side and motioning his head towards Dally who was looking at me intently. " Hey Dal" my eyes met his " Hey (Y/n/n)" his voice was almost a whisper as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. " I really missed you. Ya know, causing trouble without you was kinda hard" I looked up at Dally and I knew what I had to do. I didn't care that the whole gang was here, well I did, but that's not the point. My hands made their way to Dally's jacket collar and I pulled him down. His lips were soft and sweet, it took all of my strength not to fall to the ground in a puddle when he grabbed my hips and ran his hands through my hair. Man, I was glad to be home.