Chapter 6- Tonight

-(y/n) POV-

Johnny and Dally were standing below the street light at the corner of Sutton and Pickett, just as they had promised. Surprisingly we were early so we had time to go to the corner store Dally and I visited earlier. Sadly, the same young boy behind the counter was not there, instead it was the manager. We messed around for quite a while until he started to get wise and suggested that we leave, he was way too late though; Dally had already managed to get two packs of cancer sticks and one beer under his jacket. How the man didn't notice is beyond me. After leaving the store we went to the Dingo, there was always some type of commotion going on there. Just as we got there a fight broke out, it was pretty interesting too, but we left as soon as the switchblades were pulled out. " Wanna get to the drive in now?" I turned to Dally and shook my head getting ready to leave.

We all slid under the fence after Dally and sat down in the rows of seats in front of the concession stands. No one was there except two soc girls, who Dally eyed the way he usually does when he wants to bother some broads. " Are you a real redhead?" I heard him ask one of the girls. I tuned out some of what he was saying until he tried to lift his feet on the back of her chair, which failed horribly. Johnny was snickering to himself while Pony was laughing his ass off. " Be careful Dall, you wouldn't want people to think you were having some fun with yourself on the ground" he shot me a real nasty hand gesture, which I returned casually while lighting my cigarette.  " How can I find out if this is the same red hair you have on your umm," he looked down around her area then quickly brought his eyes back up " On these eyebrows you have." This soc girl was getting pissed off at him real quickly and it was entertaining to watch. " I'm going to get a coke," Johnny said in an annoyed tone.I guess I should go with him. I'm starting to get irritated with Dally's shit anyway. " Wait for me Johnnycake" he slowed down a bit letting me catch up with him. " It's strange aint it?" I looked over to Johnny " What's strange Johnnycake?" he looked back to where we were sitting. " How Dally treats every girl except you like that"  I shrugged my shoulders as we got closer to the concession stand " I guess it's because I'm part of the gang," I thought for a minute " And because he knows Darry and Soda would bash his head in if he ever tried talking to me like that." Johnny chuckled, nodding his head in agreement.

-Dally POV-

" Could I interest you in a coca-cola or a 7up?" The soc girl I was trying to get a hit on was starting to get fed up with me, and I could tell (y/n) was too since she left. " GET LOST HOOD" redhead's yelling was enough to make me deaf for a week. I got up to go get a coke for her and her friend because I knew she didn't want me too. Man I'm a pain in the ass to deal with. I saw Johnny and (y/n) talking by the concession stand closest to our seats. She looks beautiful . Dammit Dallas, get your head out of the clouds. Her brothers would bash my head in if I ever tried to get with her. Still, I made my way to the stand her and Johnny were at.

-(y/n) POV-

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Dally make his way over to Johnny and I. Apparently Johnny saw him too and decided to leave me by my lonesome while he went and sat down with Pony. " Hey doll" I didn't look at him, only played with my mother's old ring that sat on my finger " Hey Dally." He looked dissatisfied with my answer, but ordered his cokes and continued to talk. " How about after I mess with those broads' a little more we get outta here?" I told myself I want to say no so bad, but in reality I want to say yes. " Yeah, I got nothing better to do, and I'm pretty sure that greaser over there lifting that girl's skirt is Two-bit, so he can drive the boys' home" sure enough Two-bit Matthews was a laughing mess in the far end of the drive in lifting some girl's skirt.

*** Time-Skip***

After Dally had gotten some coke thrown on him he grabbed my hand and brought me to another "borrowed" car of his. We didn't go back to the drive in for the rest of the night. After driving around for about half an hour we stopped at the park, the radio was on, and no one was around. " Let's get out of this car, I wanna stand up for a bit" Dally nodded his head and unlocked the car doors getting out with me. I hadn't been paying any mind to what was on the radio, but my ears perked up a bit when I heard one of my favorite songs come on.

( I know it came out about 5 years after the time period of the outsiders, but bare with me)

" Dally, dance with me" he looked at me as if I were crazy, " There's no way in hell I'm going to dance (y/n)." He was shitting on my parade and I didn't appreciate it. " C'mon Dally it's gonna be over soon" to my surprise he sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist " I'm never doing this again, so don't expect it to become a normal thing ya hear?" I nodded and laid my head on his chest, smirking to myself. I got Dallas Winston to dance with me.

"Tonight, tonight
May it never reach an end
I'll miss you so, 'til you're in my arms again
With all my heart, I declare with all my might
I'll love you forever, as I love you tonight..."

I apologize for spelling errors, I just finished this. The next chapter is going to be a bit more dramatic so I'm excited to write my ideas down! Stay gold lovelies💛