Group Call

Greeeatttt! I'm so bored. It's completely illogical that I am this bored. I groaned taking off my goggles and throwing them onto my bed. Much like the rest of the world, I'm currently stuck inside due to a virus. My old man came back just in time for Japan to go into lockdown which I suppose is okay however this means I don't have access to my lab equipment in the school. Arg, all my experiment going to waste. It's driving me insane knowing they are sitting on the desks accumulating dust.

I groaned again, running my hand through my hair. I can deal with the lack of social interaction but I cannot deal with not having all my research at hand. I slumped into my chair, laying in disarray until I heard the dial tone coming from my computer. I let out a 'hmm' looking to see who was call. It was Yuzuriha inviting me into a group chat. The big oaf, her and oh Ria? I sat up straight and clicked accept.

"Senku!" Taiju screamed out. I rubbed my ear much like the girls did as the chat started.

"Hey, be a bit quieter, you big oaf," I groaned. "Hey Yuzuriha, Ria. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Oh, cheer up Senku," Yuzuriha laughed. "I figured this would help us keep our sanity while we're all apart."

"It's like being in the classroom," Ria tried to joke. "Either way, how are you coping Senku?"

I felt my face heat up hearing my name escape Ria's lips. We haven't seen each other in person for a few weeks, I figured these silly feelings would have subsided by now but it seems they haven't. "I-I'm pretty good," I spoke up. "Though, I'm running low of experimental supplies and I don't have any assistances to help procure them."

"Well, what can we say to that?" Ria responded with a soft smile. "I've heard the government is making an announcement on Thursday, maybe we'll be able to have these talks face to face soon."

That would certainly be beneficial. Though I cannot say I haven't been researching into this virus though it has been difficult with the limited information being released as not to scare the majority. "I just want to play sports again," Taiju whined.

Meaningless conversation flowed for another half an hour before Taiju and Yuzuriha had to log off, leaving myself and Ria in the call alone. "So, you allowed more time on the computer these days?" I asked Ria, knowing her computer time was usually limited for an hour a day, exception being made to extend when school work needed completing.

Ria nodded. "My mother is aboard at the moment," She reiterated to me. Oh right, her mother is a naturist researcher studying in the amazon. "So, father allows me more free time so long as my home schooling has been done. Anyway, how are you coping really with lockdown?"

I dropped my head. "I am going insane, locked away in the same for walls," I sighed, crossing my arms and leaning on the desk. "I miss the environment of a real lab." And I guess, missing you too.

She nodded again. "I'm trying to learn new skills," She blushed. "I've been cooking a lot more, even experimenting with liquid nitrogen on some sweets. I need to see Taiju as I'm sure he'd happily taste test them for me."

Sweets huh? Oh yeah, valentine's day will be coming up soon. Yuzuriha explained to Ria about how the girls gift chocolates to the boys in Japan and then the girls are repaid on White Day. I wonder if she's making them for anyone in particular. I shuck my head, what am I thinking? "Rest assured, Taiju is the perfect lab rat for testing," I assured with a laugh. "Anyway, I better head of, I'll be needed some food."

"Enjoy Senku," Ria gave a wave as she logged off.

I hunched over, placing my head in my arms. Why do I feel so happy? It was a simple chat. "Ohh, she was pretty cute," I jumped up, my old man hovering over me ith a smirk.

"I thought I noticed something in the reflection of my screen," I said in a monotone voice.

"You should invite her over," He smirked at me. "Once lockdown is lifted."

I looked back to my screen, noticing Ria's profile still showing. Maybe I will, old man.x