Just Because..

“Ah thanks so much both,” Mina thanked us with a bow. “These are awesome thank you.” I pouted, twisting my pinkie in my ear. Would have been more fun if I kept the original shock function. “I’m not sure how we can repay you.”

“Um pay,” That response got an elbow into my ribs.

“Just work hard for the school festival and put on an awesome show,” Ria smiled brightly.  Mina left, pulling along the new sound equipment leaving Ria and I alone. “Jeez, just take some pride that you helped someone else out for a change.”

“Hey, don’t deny being paid would have been nice,” I mocked. “Anyway, you want to come over again this weekend?”

“Eh?” Ria gasped her face turning red. “I-is there another experiment you’re working on?”

When am I not working on an experiment? I sighed. Damnit, how do I tell her it’s because I just want her there?  As much as I don’t want to admit this, having someone other than Taiju there to bounces ideas at gave a satisfying feeling. I scratched the back of my head. Damnit why’s this so hard?  “Well you said you didn’t have anything to do,” I shrugged. “So, figured I’d be nice and invite you round to look at some of my research the past few years.”

“Well yeah, mom and dad do have something to do,” She pondered. “Guess looking at your research makes sense for me to understand a bit more of your way of thinking.” Honestly, I think you have that down.  “I guess it could be fun, so why not?” 

That worked? My calculation must be off, I was 10 billion percent sure she would say her parents wouldn’t allow it.  “Oh, is it a weekend at Senku’s,” Damnit Taiju!  I looked, seeing both the big oaf and Yuzuriha walking towards us. "What you working on this time? Your go to assistant Taiju is here.”
I sighed heavily. No getting out of this is there. Once Taiju sets his mind to something, he sticks to it. “I guess you and Yuzuriha are welcomed to come as well.”

“Say, why don’t we watch some movies?” Yuzuriha chimed. “I brought a couple new films I’ve been dying to see. What you say Ria?”

Ria’s timid look returned; probability dictates she's not used to this. Though, a day watching movies, guess a break from work isn’t bad once in a while.