Until the Stars Go Out

In a couple of days, it's Christmas day. It's also doomsday for my old man. He's decided he will propose by the lake, hoping it might even snow.

He took Ria shopping  getting her opinion on getting a ring and I must admit, it was a nice choice for a famous pop idol. "So what did you buy Yuzuriha for Christmas?" Ria asked Taiju as we continued packing up the science lab before winter break.

Taiju was currently slumled over one of our workbenches. "By his reaction, I am ten billion Percent sure he hasn't gotten anything yet."

Taiju jumped up, slamming against the bench. "If its for Yuzuriha," he exclaimed. "Then it has to be perfect!"

Ria laughed as I simply sighed. Such a big oaf Taiju is and he always seems to prove why. "Christmas is only a few days away," I stated. "You should have done this weeks ago." I grabbed a piece of paper, writing down specific instructions before slamming infront of Taiju. "Ria, we're done and should get home."

We quickly left, leaving Taiju to heet at the paper in front of him. As we exited the school gates for the last time this year we noticed the snow falling, paving the ground in a blanket of white. "I have the feeling the bus is out of the question," Ria sighed.

I turned to Ria, smirking; "Walking it is."

She smiled brightly, grabbing hold of her bag tightly. I can't remeber the last time we walked somewhere, just the two of us. I kept my smirk, as I took us a different route, one that would back this snowy day seem a bit warmer.  "Why did you bring us this way?" Ria asked looking around confused. "It's gotten dark from just the walk from school and I'm thinking how dark it will be on the way home."

"Ah shut up," I laughed. "Belive me, you'll like it."

As we approached the town centre I heard Ria gasp. She let out a small laugh as she ran a head of me, stopping at the barrier to the centre. I stopped behind her, looking up at the Christmas tree that towered above us. The lights from the tree and the reflections off the ornaments beautifully blended together. "Oh Senku," Ria breathed happily turning to give me a big smile, tears in the corner of her eyes. "I didnt think a tree could be this beautiful."

"Told you," I said, pointing out I'm always right. Well sometimes theres a millimetre of error, though I wont admit it out loud. "This tree, is truly something spectacular, isnt it?"

Ria's smile never left as she turned back to the tree. "I could see someone giving the perfect proposal here," she said. She turned back to me. "Saying I love you, marry me under something like this, would be a dream come true."

Our eyes locked, both of us seemed to be admiring the others features. They way she spoke, sounded like an actually proposal to me. Like she was actually telling me she loved me.

Come on, we need to speak. Say something Senku. Stop listening to your gut and heart. "Maybe my old man should have come here to propose instead," that's what my brain came up with? "Say, want me show you the ramen place my old man and I go to?"

Nodding, she grabbed my wrist, pulling me along. "Thanks for this Senku," the stuck her tongue out letting me take the lead. "I know you're not one for sentimental things but I'll treasure this memory for a long time."

"For as long as your my assistant?" I joked.

We stopped and she turned to.me with a serious look in her eyes. "I'll do one better," she proclaiming pointed upwards with a glove covered hand.  "I'll remeber this night until the last star in the sky goes out."

Bump! There goes that stupid organ of mine. "Alright," I laughed. "But if you forget, no snacks until the end of the universe"

"Deal."