When You're Ready

In a panic, Ria hid herself behind a nearby wall. Right, strict parents. Logically Ria probably didn’t tell her parents about coming to the arcade and being caught now would ruin her chance of coming again. Then the next question, who's that man with her mother.  “Ria, it’s okay,” Taiju started to panic as Yuzuriha grabbed onto Ria’s hand. “Do you want to head back to Senku’s? We can still watch a movie.”

Honestly, offering out my place. Though, Yuzuriha has the right idea. Her parents most likely think she’s still there, going back to my place makes the most sense in this situation. I looked over to Taiju who still seemed to be freaking out before yanking his hoodie off him and passing it to Ria. “This will cover you up,” I explained knowing Taiju would just go along. “We’ll make our way back to my place for now and go from there.”

Hesitantly, Ria placed the hoodie on, covering her face with the oversized hood and we dashed out of the arcade. So much for making new memories huh? None of us spoke as we continued back to my apartment, trying to not draw attention to ourselves. “Phew, we made it,” The big oaf cheered as I closed the door. “You feeling okay Ria?”

Ria nodded, removing Taiju’s hoodie and returning it to him. “I’m sorry about that,” She mumbled looking to the floor.

“Don't worry about it,” Taiju was softer in the way his spoke placing a hand on Ria’s head. “We don’t want to put you in an awkward situation.”

The big oaf with a big heart, I smirked to myself. “Well, why don’t we chill out and watch a movie?” I shrugged, taking off my shoes, taking note that only my old man’s shoes were at the door. “You guys get comfy, while I speak to Ria.” Ria didn't move, she didn’t even look me in the eyes as the others left. “That man, is he a reason why you mom is so strict?”  She nodded. “I’m assuming, you know something you shouldn’t?” Again, she nodded. We both stayed silent and after a couple moments, I assumed she wasn’t going to talk about it. Trying to integrate her anymore wouldn’t get us any further. I raised my hands, slapping both her cheeks. “Alright, then.  You don’t want to talk; we’ll talk when you’re ready.”
I took my hands back, only for Ria to grabbed my wrist. “I’m sorry,” She whispered. “But it’s illogical to get you mixed up in my family’s problems. Feelings, they only get in the way of everything and I’ve learnt too much knowledge can be a bad thing. I’m sorry but this is something I can’t share with you.”

I placed my free hand on top of hers, saying nothing but trying to indicate I understood. She’s right, feelings do just get in the way. Maybe, I need to separate myself from this for a while.