Chapter 1 / The search

My name is Cassandra. Although I like to go by my nickname "Cas". Today I am looking for a cheap place to live as I begin in my first year of college in the next week. My parents couldn't afford me to dorm because it is too expensive and as they put it they have more important things to worry about. Ouch, I know but at least they bought me my own car. I'm nineteen years old on my way to live with someone completely random. Fun! Another reason I am looking for someone to rent me out a room is that my dad found me a job at a pizzeria so the highest I can go for rent is at least three hundred at least for a start. Well, my dad also said I can make up to 1,000 dollars but he also made a point that I'll have to provide for myself and not rely on my roommate to buy me things so he had a point. My parents also do not want me to rely on them for things because they won't be around that much as my parents always have to move out of state for their work. And one last thing my college is way too far from where we live now. I know why pick a college that is completely far well it was the only one that accepted me so what are you going to do.

Most of these people do not have a very wide variety of choices. Some look dirty if that's not too offensive. Others have pets which I'm fine with but sometimes my allergies act up when I'm near animals. My mom said if it comes down to it and it's a male that there's nothing wrong with it but my dad gave me a look that said otherwise. She mentioned that her roommate was a male and it was fine because the roommate was my dad. Though she does not encourage me to date the guy if I end up with a male roommate. Man my head is in so many places right now.

"Cas did you find anyone yet?" Asks my energetic mother walking up to me as I scroll through my computer. I'm already packed as my parents packed for me. College is just knocking at my window any moment now.

I shake my head, "no I haven't. Everyone doesn't give enough information that I am looking for. Like, look at this guy's bathroom or girl I don't know who owns that place they don't show a photo of themselves." I tell her giving a thumbs down to the man or women's page.

My mother sighs, "let me have a look." She states as she singles me to stand up. I do as she pleases standing out of the chair. My mom sits down clicking and scrolling. I hover over her waiting if she finds someone that I hadn't already seen.

"Mom, I've looked through everyone. Are you one hundred percent positive my job and yours and dad's cut couldn't pay for a dorm room?" I question crossing my arms hoping she will reconsider.

"No way Cas it's way too much money."

I sigh looking back at the screen. My mom clicks on a page of a pretty attractive guy.

"Oh he's cute isn't he Cas?" My mother asks clicking on the profile.

"Mom!" I mumble in a high tone.

"Oh hush, look," she clicks out the photo and scrolls through the description the guy left. "One room available two-hundred dollars of rent, blah blah, must be respectful and clean, listen to his rules since it's his house. Cas I think we have found it."

"Listen to his rules?"

"Cas it is his home."

"But he's a guy."

"I already told you my thoughts on that and if you feel unsafe when your there tell me, otherwise you should be fine besides he looks like a pretty decent guy." She explains to me but I just huff. "Okay, I'm gonna fill in your information unless you want to do it." She questioned looking over her shoulder to me.

I squeeze my eyes shut cracking my knuckles. "Okay, you do it but I'll watch what you write and supervise." I voice leaning in.

My mom turns her head back to the computer and applies me to the extra room. She leaves that I'm nineteen years old looking for a room and since he is close to my college. Which to me is sorta odd that I'll be able to drive myself there and I have a job so I can provide for myself so it will be like I'm not even there.

My mom hums to herself her hands hovering over the keyboard, "I'm going to put you are beautiful."

"No mom, please don't." I declare not wanting her to make me look like a desperate fool.

I hear a knock at my door and turn to see my father. "Hi dad, we found someone."

"I found someone, he's cute." My mother announces with a bright ear to ear smile.

"He? I'm going to have to take a look." My dad remarks walking into my room. "Hmm... How old is he?" He questions staring at the image of the man.

My mom clicks and clicks, "twenty-four."

"No."

"Jace." My mother calls out.

"What's his name?" My father asks finding his footing standing tall with his arms crossed.

"Dylan O'Brien. He seems very nice Jace stop overreacting. Cas you'll be just fine." And just like that my mom clicks submit. I sigh of relief that the search is over now all we have to do is wait. "Now, let's go eat the food should be here any moment now let's go downstairs." My mom announces getting up to exit the room. When my mom leaves the room my dad turns around to me.

My father breathes in and out as his chest falls, "come here." My dad brings me into a hug. "My little girl on her way to college living with a random guy... Not so sure how I feel about the second part but life goes on."

I feel a bit bad that my dad has to let me go but it must be done. You have to move away from your family sometimes to succeed in your own future. "I know dad, but I'll be okay I promise," I reassure him smiling.

He leans his head leaving a kiss on my forehead. "All right, well I want to meet this guy when I'm helping move your stuff in alright? And I won't embarrass you. Now let's go eat that must be the delivery man at the door." My dad kisses my head once more then let's me go. He leaves my room as I sigh. I take a few steps toward my door then I hear my laptop ding. Could that be the guy already? That's way fast kinda scares me. I walk to my computer and I notice it was him.

Thank you for filling out the form Cassandra. I am looking forward to meeting you, new roomie. Talk soon, Dylan.

I don't know why but a big smile sweeps across my face. I'm all set.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! I had this idea for quite a while and I'm so happy to finally start writing it. :)) Remember to vote and leave a comment:D

- DISCLAIMER - This story is mature if you cannot handle it I suggest you stop reading. I warned you.