Chapter 12// The secret

I wake up from a deep sleep. There was a lot that went through my mind after Dylan left finding my plan-B pill. I couldn't imagine what he was thinking. More of that I wonder if he thinks it was even worse to do it with Chase. I don't even feel like getting out of bed because I feel like I made the wrong choice. Maybe I'm thinking too much as I said to Dylan it had to happen sooner or later. I'm actually relieved it was with Chase because although I'm one hundred percent over him I was glad it was with someone I know. Now if it was with someone I didn't now at all I think that would have upset Dylan even more. But he's not my protector as much as he wants to be he's not.

After he told me when I'm ready to talk to let him know I couldn't stop thinking of my feelings for him and how the developed so fast just that night it was just the two of us. I don't think I'll ever want him to find out about my feelings it will definitely ruin things between us. I believe if I tell him I will lose him forever. Dylan's with Becky and they seem to be doing great together I don't see them ever breaking up not soon anyway. And as much as I'd hate to admit it I don't think he feels the same way as I feel for him.

Perhaps I should just push this all aside for now. Maybe I need a girls day. I should call up Jackie. I sit up on my bed reaching over for my cell. There aren't any missed calls or texts or anything from Dylan. Sigh I guess he's serious about all of this. I lay back down breathing out a short breath as I call up Jackie brining the phone to my ear.

After a few rings she answers, "hello?" she spoke.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanna come over and have a girls day?" I asked biting my lower lip. It was already eleven in the moring and it only takes thirty minutes for me to get ready.

I hear her sighing on the other end, "I can't but you can come here. My dog has been feeling a bit unwell so I want to keep an eye on her. I can text you my address." she spat.

I nodded my head although she can't see, "oh all right no problem I'll be over soon." I hungup the call setting my phone down on my night stand.

Finally I toss my feet to the floor then head to the bathroom. After I brush my teeth and splash water on my face I tie my hair up to rinise my body in the shower. I washed my hair last night so no need to wash today. Once I washed my entire body I got out wrapping the towel around myself walking to my room.

Since this morning is the first morning I woke up alone since Dylan's moved out I have to say it felt kind of weird. I never lived alone ever in my life and I'm actually surprised I wasn't scared. Well, I had a lot on y mind to even remember I was alone.

I put on a U-neck blue tee and a pair of black tights with some sandals. Next I stuff my phone in my small purse and finally I check myself in the mirror to fix my bun and lastly I leave my room.

-----

I make it to Jackie's home which isn't too big or too small. I guess she lives alone and it's just her and her dog. As I unbuckle my seatbelt then climb out of my car I walk unlock her gate then close it behind me and walk up her pavement to the front door. I reach her door as I clear my throat then knock. I didn't see any doorbell unless I'm just blind. A couple seconds later she comes up and opens the door.

She smiles, "come in," she addressed as she stepped aside. I nodded my head then walked in looking around. Jackie had pictures of her parents and her I assume. There were also pictures of her and her dog. Then a picture of when she was little and there was a dog beside her. Wow, she must have had her dog since she was young.

"Come here buddy," I hear Jackie call out in a low tone. I looked back to her border collie dog who looks unwell as she said. I set my purse down then walk over to the dog as I kneel in front of the unwell animal.