Chapter 9// Sunday

I struggled trying on every different outfit for the past hour. My date with Chase is today so I'm very nervous because I haven't been on a date in a long time. So far I only liked a short green dress or a long brown dress with a slit but these dresses weren't really date material they seemed as if I was going to prom which I wasn't. Perhaps I can ask for some fashion advice.

I threw on a blue t-shirt and my sweatpants while then I sat at the end of my bed and dialed the phone to my good friend Jackie. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey Jackie," I started with a smile.

"Hey Cas, what's up?" she asked.

I pushed my hair out of my face as I left my hand on the top of my head, "can you come over and help me pick out an outfit for my date?"

There was a pause which maybe she was seeing if she's free I guess, "okay I can come text me your address."

"All right see you soon," then I hungup the phone as I text her my address. 

Swinging my legs off the bed I stroll to leave my room to the kitchen. As I go to the oven to take out my frozen pizza I made myself I turn off the oven and set the pizza down on a plate. Starving I blow on the pizza hoping to at least cool it down. Finally I take a bite leaning against the counter. I'm the only one home since I have no idea where Dylan is. This is what it's going to be though at the end of the month. Lonely. A couple minutes later as I finish up the eating the pizza I hear my door bell go off. I wipe my mouth then put the dish in the sink after walking to the door. I open it spotting Jackie. She smiles as do I stepping aside to allow her into my home.

"Cool place," She spoke walking in a circle.

I closed the door behind me, "thanks. Follow me." I said as I walked to my room. Jackie followed me and when we entered she set her bag down on my desk then sat on my bed.

"Are you hungry?" I questioned before swarming my closet once more.

She shook her head, "no thanks."

I nodded. I bit my bottom lip turning to my closet. I swapped through a bunch of outfits and dresses hoping I missed something I didn't see before. Jackpot I found a floral sundress or a pink skinny strap casual dress. I turned to Jackie holding both up.

"Which one?" I asked with a big smile.

Jackie looked at each dress scratching her chin, "who you going on a date with?"

I put the dresses down as I breathed out. I pulled my shirt off above me, "Chase," I spoke as I pulled my pants down. I grabbed the sundress putting it over me from my head. I flattened out the dress then turned to Jackie her eyes were to the ceiling which caused me to squeeze my brows together. "Uh everything okay?" I forced a laugh.

When she lowered her eyes looking at my body she breathed out, "yeah I'm fine."

I scratched the back of my head, "Should I have gave a warning that I was changing I'm sorry I figured since were both girls-"

She stopped me waving her hands around, "Don't worry about it. Since when did this happen you and Chase? And I think the pink one." Jackie mentioned leaning back on the bed with her hands holding her up.

I nodded then turned around peeling the dress off, "Uh, it happened Friday he asked me." I saw in the reflection of a small mirror I have in my cloest of Jackie staring at my ass. I shook my head confused then grabbed the dress turning to the side as I tossed the dress over my head.

I looked at Jackie as she cleared her throat, "that one. And does- does he like you? This seems all random over all my years of knowing Chase I'd never thought he'd go after a freshman."