Chapter 15 // Coping

After Dylan left after I told my feelings for him I layed on my bed for the whole night crying in tears. I should have never told him. But if I kept it bottled inside of me forever I probably would have exploded. I know nothing good could have come from me telling him. He doesn't see me that way tonight just explained that. I don't know what else to do I have lost him for good.

"Hello," I heard a female voice call out, "Cas?" Jackie spoke entering my home. I told her to come over as soon as she can. It's now eight in the morning and I barely had any sleep. I'm glad she even came this early.

I noticed her walk in my room and I squeezed my eyes shut whispering.

"Oh, Cas. Was it that bad? Come here." She said holding her arms out.

I sniffled sitting up as she hugged me. "I don't know what to do... Everything just turned to shit."

Jackie rubbed my shoulder laying her head on my head. "It's gonna be okay. It'll all work out."

I shook my head, "no it won't he just doesn't feel the same."

"Maybe now that you told him he'll realize Becky isn't the right one for him. It's you Cassandra. I think it's always been you. He just has to figure out what he wants."

I thought about what she said and I have to say it's given me a bit of hope. I don't know if there is any feelings there of him to me but I'm not going to just sit around and mope. Something has to change.

"I have to make a call." I spoke in a low tone.

"Okay, I'll be right here." Jackie mentioned.

I nodded my head then grabbed my phone and headed out of the room.

I dialed a number then brought it to my ear. After a few rings they picked up. "Mom? Dad?"

-------

Dylan's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what Cas admitted to me last night. I was up for a few hours in bed with Becky thinking about it. When did this happen? All this time I thought we were good friends but now I'm just a guy she has a crush on. I don't know if we could ever go back to the way things were. I'm so conflicted.

"Hey, babe. You look like you didn't sleep all night is something wrong?" Becky asked as she climbed onto bed.

I forced a smile, I took Becky's hand in mine. "Nothing's wrong baby, how about we go downstairs and prepare for the barbeque? Your brother is still here you should spend time with him."

Becky smiled, "okay. Make sure you look alive. You look really tired." She finished exiting the room.

I sighed laying back down staring at the ceiling. I have no idea what I'm going to do... Who knew the biggest thing she was keeping from me was her having feelings for me... Would have never guessed.

-------

After the barbeque we had a campfire. It was fun we also played some games. Becky and I just went for a walk but now we're on our way back.

"Babe I'm tired I'm gonna go shower. You can stay out here though hang with my brother for a little hm?" Becky called out in a whisper. I can tell she's very tired.

"Yeah no worries. I'll be up in a few." I kissed the top of her head as she let go of my hand walking up the steps.

I sighed under my nose walking to the backyard. Her brother was the only one there sitting by the fire with a beer in his hand.

"Hey, Dylan. Want a beer?" Kenny asked fetching one from the cooler.

"Yeah, sure thanks." I responded taking it from I'm. I sat down next to him staring at the fire. As I took a swig from my beer I laughed.

Kenny looked over at me, "What's so funny?"

I shook my head scratching it, "nothing uh-" I paused licking my lips. "It's just you know the girl Cas that came over for dinner yesterday?" Kenny nodded his head. "Yeah well, she told me she has feelings for me last night when I went to check on her because well she seemed a little off when she was here having dinner and I guess that was the reason." I finished taking another swig.

Becky's brother breathed out, "wow. That's tough. How'd you take it? I mean she is very beautiful."

I simled at his comment. Cas is very beautiful. But I don't know if I can ever see her in a romantic way...

"What did you say? When she told you?" Kenny asked holding his beer gazing at me calmy.

I breathed in then out, "I said that why can't girls and guys just be friends I was very shocked."

Kenny shook his head rubbing his eyes, "damn Dylan. That's pretty messed up."

After hearing what he said I began to shake my head squeezing my eyes shut, "ah your right. Fuck I messed up big time." I brought my beer to my lips gulping it. I couldn't do any of this chat right now sober. I took another beer gluping it fast. I made a sour face then exhaled. I begun to gather my thoughts. I started to remember the first time we met. A smile crept upon my face until Kenny grabbed me from my thoughts.

"Is there anything there? From you to her?..."

Looking down at the fire my face calm and my heart beating normally, I started to wonder if there was anything there. But it's Cas... The girl who stands up for herself most times, who is beautiful, kind and selfless.

I shook my head, "what are you talking about I'm with your sister."

"Ah, princess always gets everything she wants she just doesn't have to know about this. So... Is there?" He finished looking at me.

I looked away, "I- I don't know." I paused feeling woozy, "I think I should go talk to her but I can't drive."

"That's okay I'll take you. Don't worry about Becky we'll explain it all later."

Kenny drove me to Cas. I felt nervous by every stop we made as I knew we were getting close. I can feel everything in me burning up and I don't know if that was good or bad. I don't even know where to begin when I see her. I don't even know if there is anything there for Cas. I only know what I feel when I see her.

Kenny stopped in front fo my house, "here we are. Are you sure you can go in there yourself?"

I opened the door staring at the front door to my home, "yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I'll just be a few minutes." I explained then exited the car. I sniffled as the cold night air flew through my hair.

I made it to the front door taking out my keys not knowing if she's asleep or not. As I unlocked it I rushed in the house turning on the light. "Cas?" I called out. I didn't hear a peep. I put down my keys walking more into the house. "Cas?" No answer. "Cas?" I started to think the worse. "Cassandra? Are you here?" I felt myself panicking so I rushed to her room. Although all of her stuff was gone. "What? Cassandra? Cassandra?!" But no answer. I heard footsteps coming in but it was only Kenny. I felt a tear leave from my cheek. "She's gone."

A/N: AHHHHH!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Rememeber to vote and comment!