Chapter 21// Remembering

Dylan's P.O.V.

After going home that night after the meet and greet I couldn't help but replay over and over meeting Cas for the first time in five years. She had such a glow to her that I never noticed before. Oddly, she looked incredibly happy. That made me glad she wasn't hurting all those years we have been apart but who knows maybe she just has a good way of hiding it. I still can't believe that she is a mom. I guess our lives changed so much after not seeing each other for five years.

I lied down while my wife was beside me passed out. I never thought about having kids neither has Becky. She's always busy with her job while I'm busy with my manager or on set for a film. I don't know if I should tell her about Cas and me. I lied to her telling her we're no longer friends which makes sense since we haven't talked in years but what she doesn't know is that we kissed. I haven't told anyone about it. It is something I have kept bottled in me for five years and after seeing Cas I thought she didn't even remember my name. I could say I haven't thought about her in years but that would be a lie.

Maybe I should give her a call. Yes, I still have her number although I never texted or called her in five years. Well, who even knows if she still has my number. Ah, it was just a one meet to let bygones be bygones.

My wife muffles something under her breath turning her body over to face me. She grabs my arm and cradles it in her arms, "why aren't you asleep?" Becky questions snuggling into me.

I grin placing my chin lightly on her head. I guess I shouldn't be keeping this a small secret any longer has to come out sooner or later. "Before my meet and greet I went to grab a coffee and I happened to run into my old roommate Cassandra, well Cas... Do you remember her?"

Becky stood silent for a moment. She let go of my arm to sit up on her elbow looking up at me, she huffed a short breath, "I remember. What did you guys talk about? I mean I can't believe she even remembers you it's been what five years?"

I force a snicker, "yeah it has I know. We just caught up you know nothing major. She told me she has a kid now with Chase but he's not in the picture."

She raised her brows a little, "she's a mother? Wow."

I looked away as she snuggled back taking my arm and dozing off. I breathe out a long breath thank goodness I didn't have to tell her about the kiss.

-----------

After a week I finally felt I had time to myself. This running around with meet and greets has been a hassle. Don't get me wrong I love meeting my fans but sometimes I need a break. Becky is out on a boat with her parents and brother. I told her I had an errand to run so she understood and carried on. I was driving to a town where I found Cas' apparently lives which is forty minutes away which is odd I thought she would be hours away. I found it on her location on Instagram I know stalkerish eh?

I began to remember everything we shared together and when she told me the day her feelings developed. I just after all this time it's insane how even time apart we still can't be together. Yes, after seeing her I realized I do still love her... And now that I about it; she never said it back.

----------

I stopped in front of a small house of bricks and a brown wooden front door with a marble walkway. I have to say it's a nice house for just a mother and daughter. I take the car keys out of the ignition as I open my door closing it lightly behind me. I felt nervous all a sudden. What am I doing here? She most likely moved on. I know I didn't. Well, I didn't come here for anything. I licked my lips with my pinky tongue shoving my keys in my pockets walking down the pathway.

Here goes nothing. I knock on the door then take a step back.

"Ally, just sit and watch TV I'm cooking you mac & cheese." I heard Cas shout a bit.